Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

T.V

(4 Posts)
janx Sun 11-Nov-12 21:21:23

My tv is really old and it's time to replace it. All the new tvs I have seen are really expensive and the colour doesn't seem very rich... What can you recommend? - thanks

AndrewD Mon 12-Nov-12 08:00:00

LED, LCD and plasma TVs are better are only just catching up with CRTs in terms of colour, "blackness" and longevity. The best TV I know is still my parents HD CRT by Philips.

Try somewhere like Richer Sounds where you can get yesterday's model discounted. The latest TVs seem not to focus on improving picture quality but to add internet functions - not worth getting the latest model just for that. The actual screens come from the same handful of factories in China/Korea etc so there are few differences between them.

We have a quite old Samsung 32" LCD and it's alright.

This would be the available version for £270

www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue32eh5000/sams-ue32eh5000

janx Mon 12-Nov-12 08:19:09

Thanks - that is really helpful... You seem very informed grin

AndrewD Mon 12-Nov-12 18:40:02

You're welcome. I hope you find something you like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now