Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Magimix - will it rock my world?!

(4 Posts)
DoodleAlley Fri 09-Nov-12 17:47:49

So we are living it up in the Doodle-Household this Christmas and considering a food processor, and a Magimix to be specific with a view to this making family meals lighter work (although DH seems to think that I will start baking more too as a result - deluded but if it sweetens the deal then I'm happy not to enlighten him!).

We can't afford the kitchen aid/meek wood chef jobbies so are pretty settled on a Magimix.

Just dithering over the 4200/5200 and whether the 'xl' adds anything?

Obviously the cheaper the better - more likely to be able to get a few extras for Christmas than just kitchen hardware, but don't want to waste money by scrimping and then ending up With something that doesn't work.

Thank you in advance oh wise folks of mumsnet!

DoodleAlley Fri 09-Nov-12 17:49:07

Forgot to say that once dc to be makes an appearance and enters the world of solids there will be four of us in our family, but I do like a bit of making double portions And freezing half.

DoodleAlley Fri 09-Nov-12 20:02:30

Ok bumping for the post bedtime crowd and then I'll admit defeat!

Aethelfleda Fri 16-Nov-12 20:22:39

XL usually means a bigger bowl: but if there's only four of you it may be. Counterproductive as a big bowl is a) hassle to wash up, b) takes more storage space and c) smaller amounts of food can roll about in it and not process properly.

I did a similar trawl last year (including Which as had a subscription at the time) and ended up buying a vertical stack processor called Bosch mcm4100GB. Its big feature for me is that all the sharp bladey bits store within its body (so little people can't get to them) plus the bowl/whizzer/jug sits on top of the motor taking up less worktop room. It has been very useful though I'm not sure I bake more with it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now