Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Electric blankets for children

(8 Posts)
Poledra Wed 10-Oct-12 12:37:19

DD1 (8yo) is a wimp fragile little flower when it comes to the cold. Last winter, we were staying at my mother's house, and the bed DD1 was using had an electric blanket on it - she was in sweaty little urchin heaven! My mother, bless 'er cotton socks, told DD1 she'd get her one for Christmas if she wanted. DD1 has not forgotten this, and reminded me of it the other day. Mum is happy to pay for it but is copping out on actually choosing it - she wants me to get it.

So, your recommendations for a leccy blanket for a single bed, please, needs to have overheat cut-off (though it will not be left on all night) and perhaps an automatic shut-off. Thank you so much.

My daughter, old before her time <sigh>

Poledra Wed 10-Oct-12 13:22:19

Look, I know it's dull, I'm even boring myself here, but please?

CremeEggThief Wed 10-Oct-12 13:28:29

There's a Murphy Richards one for about £12 from John Lewis I'm tempted to get my ten year old DS, who also feels the cold. I think it's very basic, but I don't think it needs to be particularly fancy.

CremeEggThief Wed 10-Oct-12 13:29:06

Morphy, not Murphy, sorry!

Poledra Wed 10-Oct-12 13:58:44

Oh thank you for not ignoring me! Here, have a Creme Egg!

I was looking at that one but wondering if I'd be better with one with an automatic shut-off...

CremeEggThief Wed 10-Oct-12 15:12:43

Thanks! grin
What I would probably do is put it on an hour or so before bed and switch it off at bedtime, or maybe if your DC reads in bed for a few minutes, at lights out. I don't really like the idea of falling asleep with it on.

nicki1978 Tue 16-Oct-12 23:35:28

What about a hot water bottle in her bed an hour before she goes, it'll be lovely and warm for when she gets in bed. Xx

Although I must admit I am a real wuse (at age 34) when it comes to cold, I am in my pj's, socks, then depending on how cold I will either have an old jumper on or my big fleecy dressing gown and quite possibly leave the leccy blanket on all night; whilst my DH is quite happy to sleep in just his boxers, seriously! Xx

Feckbox Tue 16-Oct-12 23:42:08

Any one ! I love ebs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now