Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which Karcher Steam cleaner?

(7 Posts)
Ruthchan Sun 16-Sep-12 20:27:07

I'm planning to buy a Karcher steam cleaner, but I can't decide whether to go for the hand-held SC952, or the bigger SC1020.
The latter is double the price of the former, so saving some money is tempting, but would the smaller machine perform as well?
I'm not sure how much floor mopping I'll do with it. I'm sure I'll do some, but I am more interested in what it can do for my kitchen, bathroom and toilet.
Does anyone have any experience that might help?

TIA

Ruthchan Mon 17-Sep-12 20:37:41

Anyone?

sleepymum50 Mon 17-Sep-12 20:54:35

I've got the karcher sc1122 and I'm very, very pleased with it. I've had it for over a year now. I think its equivalent to the larger karcher you mention.

I tend to use it more when Im doing a big clean, rather than on a regular basis. Its totally brilliant for cleaning all those awkward grime corners and edges. I have used it on my sinks, dishwashing and washing machines - its can blast the grease and grime out of knobs and dials. However it doesn't make much inroads on the inside of the oven. But great for bathrooms and windows.

Post again if you have any questions.

Ruthchan Mon 17-Sep-12 21:06:00

Hi Sleepymum
That's great. Thank you so much.
Do you use most of the various attachments that come with it?
The smaller machine seems to be quite simply and only comes with a couple of different attachments. I suppose the wider range just allows more flexibility in more situations.
Have you bought any extra attachments for it or just used those that came with it originally.

I too imagine that I will use it for deep cleaning more than on daily cleans.
I'm really glad that you like it so much.

didldidi Mon 17-Sep-12 21:08:08

Have you seen the reviews on Amazon? most steam cleaners come out 50/50 in terms of star ratings. I think they are also less effective in hard water areas.

Ruthchan Mon 17-Sep-12 21:23:19

Yes didldidi.
The karcher steam cleaners get mainly favourable reviews on Amazon. They certainly seem to get more consistently positive reviews than many other makes.

sleepymum50 Mon 17-Sep-12 21:36:03

I use all the attachments, but find the small brush one the most useful. there is a large one which I use for the floor (its really just a flannel strapped over the floor pad - but it works,) theres a medium one which I use for windows and bathroom tiles, and the small one with bristles which I use for everything else. I haven't bought anything else.

When you fill it up (takes about 10 mins to heat), then theres enough steam for at least a couple of hours - so i tend to blitz a whole room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now