Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

tumble drier on top of a worktop.. help?!

(3 Posts)
Bubbless Thu 09-Aug-12 19:09:59

mhm.. and it doesnt.. wobble the worktop? trouble is.. because we have no idea what type of quality our kitchen is i dont know how well the worktop is attached to the wall!!

i will phone currys though and see what they say, although no doubt just say 'unadvised' to cover themselves hmm

CharminglyOdd Thu 09-Aug-12 18:59:50

My DM has her tumble drier on the top of the work surface. As far as I know it is just a normal laundry room work surface. The washing machine is directly underneath. Maybe you could ask at currys or another appliance shop? You could pretend you were going to buy one and just ask their advice?

Bubbless Thu 09-Aug-12 18:50:22

basically, we need a tumble drier
but the only space we have bar the middle of the living carpet is on top of the kitchen worktop with a freezer underneath.
we are renting so we cant do any kind of great moving around but we can reinforce the worktop if it needs it..
so.. what do i need to look for to know if the worktop will hold the machine?
anyones DP's/DH's done this before?! send them to me.. please!!
my DP has no idea..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now