Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Printer with cheap ink?

(8 Posts)

I still recommend my Epson thensmile

llynnnn Sun 22-Jul-12 22:00:38

Thank you for all your replies (sorry for going awol!) I think the majority of our printing would be photos and colour pictures for the dc

happyAvocado Sun 22-Jul-12 00:53:53

I bought this monster few weeks ago:

www.lasermediasupplies.co.uk/inkjet-printers/brother-mfc-j6510dw-inkjet-multifunctional-machine.html

it promises up to 1200 black and white prints per ink cartridge &can print on A3

my son is into Art and loves the idea of being able to print big posters for various events for his school smile

so far the only issue's been my inability to work out the area of copy&print page size smile
but is a touchscreen menu, intuitive but is big - so if space is an issue - perhaps not the best idea

katcatkat Sat 21-Jul-12 22:31:53

If you only print mostly black and white a laser is great the cost a little more but the toner lasts ages and cannot dry out like an inkjet we have a brother one and I would not go back.
The only colour printing I do is photos and then I use a photo printing company as it works out cheaper and better wi quality

cocolepew Sat 21-Jul-12 22:27:19

You can get cheaper ink in places like Asda, (their own make) , you just have to know the make of printer. We have a Kodak one atm.

I have an Epson P50. The print is excellent quality, even with very cheap compatible ink cartridges which I buy from Amazon.

happyAvocado Sat 21-Jul-12 22:23:42

I would think it's worth thinking what kind of printing you do most?
is it mainly b&w or always colour?
and how many pages per say week - is it for general use or for your kids for school projects too?

llynnnn Sat 21-Jul-12 22:22:04

Hi

We are looking to buy a new printer, possibly an all in one, scanner, printer and copier, but mainly want it to be able to print documents and photos?
There seem to be sooooo many out there, can anyone recommend a reliable one which most importantly the replacement ink cartridges do not cost more than the printer itself!

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now