Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

A decent pot for stews and casseroles

(7 Posts)
TheSteveMilliband Sat 21-Jul-12 15:31:31

I would second a cast iron enamelled pot, seals really well and last forever. If you are down south, le creuset have a warehouse sale twice a yr in Andover, bargains a plenty ( at least relatively but le creuset never cheap...). Chasseur are fab and I think tesco do a version too, probably the cheapest option.

mpops Tue 03-Jul-12 09:19:15

Amazon stock alternatives to Le Creuset called Chasseur which are pretty amazing and half the price. I've got a couple of those and they've been fantastic. Have a look on there, they often have them on special offers as well.

if i just do it on the hob it can do yes, it's fine if you stir it now and again, but sticks if you leave it while dumplings cook.
but now i just start it all on the hob then get oven nice and hot and stick it in there while the dumplings cook and not had a problem at all

cerealqueen Mon 02-Jul-12 16:26:36

finances don't stretch to le cruset! thisisyesterday, don't you find food gets stuck?

we use a giant stainless steel saucepan, one with a small handle either side, so fits nicely in the oven.

i would love a big crockpot though

fivegomadindorset Sat 30-Jun-12 20:52:10

I use Le Cruset, but it is pricey.

cerealqueen Fri 29-Jun-12 22:42:38

We have had a habitat cooking pot for years now but after a few burning episodes, the non stick is no longer non sticking. I'd like to invest in a good pot that we can use on the hob and in the oven, if such a thing exists.
Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now