Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best drinks bottles for children

(11 Posts)
janx Fri 22-Jun-12 07:41:00

Need something lightweight that don't leak. Ds 4 and dd 7 seem to chew the noozle bits a lot so needs to be durable - any ideas?

Pawan Fri 22-Jun-12 17:34:05

I was recommended "Sistema" twister bottles by other MNs (for water bottles for school), and we've had ours a year and they don't yet leak.....

NoComet Fri 22-Jun-12 17:42:47

Luczade sport and power aid, even if you pour the stuff away they are cheaper than water bottles. (my DCs are older and do drink it).

If your lucky you may find cheep water in reasonable bottles.

The twist top siemester ones are good, but a bit small.

perfectstorm Thu 28-Jun-12 10:06:09

Aladdin. At 8 quid I think they're a bit expensive, but they are also bombproof. It's survived everything DS can throw at it - including actually throwing it. And as they come apart properly and are dishwasher safe they're really easy to clean, too. (I sewed a nametape onto the wrist strappy bit, to ensure it didn't get lost, but with an older kid you might not get away with that one.)

Meglet Thu 28-Jun-12 10:11:39

I'm having a nightmare trying to find bottles for the DC's. DS will chew (and ruin) a bottle within a couple of weeks, I have a huge box of beakers without spouts or straws.

Are there any chew-proof nozzles?

perfectstorm Thu 28-Jun-12 10:18:44

The Aladdin has survived DS' efforts. John Lewis sell them, if you live anywhere near? The nozzley bit is really tough, durable plastic. It's like the stuff they make plastic taps out of, if that makes any sense. It's not rubbery at all.

Basically I was fed up of him wrecking them, as his kindergarten insist on reusable bottles of water. This one is lasting. (With a less destructive child I'd have not needed to replace the previous ones.)

perfectstorm Thu 28-Jun-12 10:21:19

DS is 3, btw. And it isn't sippy-cup shaped, there is a central nozzle (round and easy flow but not so chomp-friendly/dummy-like as a sippy) with another screw-on top over that. Both parts unscrew for the washer, and the bottle neck is as wide as the base.

I have to say, I'm glad I'm not the only person to give birth to a beaver.

MrsEdinburgh Thu 28-Jun-12 10:21:29

Another vote for Sistema.
Got them after recommendations from other Mumsnetters.

Meglet Thu 28-Jun-12 10:22:04

thanks! I needed an excuse to go to Southampton John Lewis grin.

parachutesarefab Thu 28-Jun-12 10:48:48

I buy multipacks of little bottles of water with sports tops. I don't like buying water, but it was cheaper than buying ones that kept leaking (didn't think to ask MN for advice). Never had a leak. Only use them for water, so easy enough to wash out, and trhey last for ages.

Moomoomie Thu 28-Jun-12 11:15:42

Over the years I have spent a fortune on drink bottles which end up leaking.
I now buy multi packs of small bottles of water.and refill. Also fine if a child forgets to bring it home from school, or leaves it at the playground.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now