Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Cake Mixers

(4 Posts)
perfectstorm Thu 28-Jun-12 10:02:48

I have a Kenwood Chef, and while I love it, I still have to stop it to scrape the sides of the bowl, as it doesn't get to the very bottom. And I lost the splashguard in a housemove, so I also have to resort to the tea-towel trick.

I think the main benefit to one of the expensive ones is the motor lasts forever. The usability is pretty much of a muchness, IMO.

I put a cloth over mine when mixing buggering icing sugar, and start real slow.

Bunbaker Wed 27-Jun-12 08:02:28

I just use a hand held Moulinex mixer that I have had for donkey's years along with this spray protector.

Adayforthinking Thu 14-Jun-12 10:52:11

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy myself a new cake mixer.

I don't want to spend more than £150 ideally so I know that rules out the Kitchen Aids and Kenwood Chef type mixers.

I've been looking at the Andrew James and the other options on Amazon. I did actually buy an Andrew James mixer last year but found that you had to keep stopping it to scrape the sides of the bowl. With my current one (a Breville) I can do this while it's still going, but it's an old-fashioned one with the two whisks that don't always reach the bottom of the bowl and it's much slower.

Mine also doesn't have a splashguard so putting in icing sugar is a nightmare!

Can anyone suggest a good mixer where it doesn't leave the food up the sides of the bowl and is within my budget. It also needs to have a splashguard.

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now