Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

good quality/luxury bed linen?

(27 Posts)
Hatwoman Thu 01-Dec-11 10:19:24

I asked a family member for ideas for a christmas present - ever practical and very disinclined/able to spend money on themsleves she said they need some new white bed linen. Any ideas for some high quality stuff? ideally with beautiful packaging (shallow I know) so that it looks like a nice gift, rather than a household basic?

SenoritaViva Thu 01-Dec-11 13:13:43

Over the years I have been given stuff from the White Company; it puts my other bed linen to shame as it is so delicious (even thought I've had for 4 years). Really great quality. Expensive though so depends on your budget. You could give some really nice pillow cases this year and a great duvet cover next etc. if you want to budget. I have a 15% off discount code if you'd like...

Hatwoman Thu 01-Dec-11 13:43:18

thanks SV - I know White Company certainly ticks the "nice gift" box, iyswim but I have some of their towels and swore I'd never buy them again as I think the quality is sub John Lewis (to use that great British bench mark!). maybe they have improved, or maybe the bed linen always was good

SenoritaViva Thu 01-Dec-11 14:19:05

Yes I have some towels too and they are definitely better at making bed linen! I like JL benchmark because it's not as if the towels are rubbish but they aren't the expensive luxury you expect.

I think we think alike!

popperpete Mon 20-Feb-12 14:10:41

We've gone with the White Company before and did get some really nice bed linen. I have also always been fond of the stuff Yorkshire Linen. Think it is worth making a really considered purchase here and you can pick up good luxury stiff relatively cheap, e.g. this stuff on sale from yorkshire linen www.yorkshirelinen.com/offer-of-the-week.html

LaurenAce111 Wed 07-Mar-12 14:18:20

You could try Achica, they're a site sporting luxury brands, and I just found them through a friend who was telling me about discounts they've got at the mo. I just got a £50 discount, which I'm pretty happy about www.peerindex.com/vip/achica

Jacko100 Fri 06-Apr-12 21:53:08

you could try bedlinen direct, they have a 15% sale on some sheridan bedding. use this link: www.bedlinendirect.co.uk/acatalog/Sheridan_Bedding.html

I like Duvet and Pillow Warehouse: good quality and not expensive!

Annelie1 Sun 22-Apr-12 20:21:59

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Annelie1 Sun 22-Apr-12 20:32:29

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

SparkyToo Mon 23-Apr-12 13:36:11

There's some gorgeous bed linen here available at PureLivingCollection.com if you'd like something classic in style, but not necessarily plain white.

samb1 Thu 03-May-12 12:35:24

samb1 Thu 03-May-12 12:35:53

monkeybubbles Mon 16-Jul-12 12:09:44

sorry to hijack this thread, but i'm also looking for really nice bedding, but not in white! i wish that white company had other colours sad
ideally, i would like a brown and turquoise set, but can't find one anywhere (had a lovely set from john lewis, but it really needs replacing)

any other recommendations?

PerryCombover Mon 16-Jul-12 12:11:07

Tk maxx

White Company do have some non-white bedding... and I absolutely agree that theirs is head and shoulders above anything else we have had in terms of feel and durability. Definitely worth waiting for sales and/or discount vouchers, though. Other than that the top end John Lewis stuff is nice.

samblogs Mon 06-Aug-12 15:44:00

I had the same issue a few months ago when I was doing up my little ones play room. we found some useful information on www.cashmere-blanket.co.uk. good advice on how to buy, what to buy and how to look after your blankets, a factor that puts many people off buying them. Take a look and see what you think! x

BabsJansen Mon 06-Aug-12 15:59:28

Feather & black www.featherandblack.com/Bed-Linen.ice has nice non white stuff. I've been very pleased with the quality.

Elkieb Mon 06-Aug-12 16:33:35

Bedeck or Sanderson are lovely. If you go to the house of Fraser outlet stores it's a bloody bargain too grin

custombedding Mon 03-Dec-12 12:57:24

You may not be in need of any more bed linen however for future reference when you may require more, here at Victoria Linen we offer standard and bespoke bedding giving a wide range available all made to order in the UK and at reasonable prices. We supply some top home designer bedding such as Cath Kidston, Kirstie Allsopp, Anorak and many more. You can see all of our products on our website at: www.victorialinen.co.uk/

ssmithson Thu 07-Mar-13 13:55:49

I didn't even know about half of the shops that have been recommended on here. I love some of the duvet cover sets on the Victoria Linen website but sadly most are out of my price range. I bought a beautiful duvet cover from here recently www.yorkshirelinen.com I hadn't heard of them before but they have some high street shops. Anyway, the quality is great, it washes really well and best of all it was cheap.

Nice stuff at Dawson's. We had some duvet covers from there last year - one Bedeck and one V&A, both lovely (though I think the V&A one may pill eventually).

They regularly have good bargains on sale.

Don't know about white mind you.

JaneBilson Tue 16-Jul-13 14:27:46

Oooh i like Dawsons, the best on i've seen was Monogrammed Linen shop in London. They did all sorts of brand like Yves Delorme

Alanna1 Tue 16-Jul-13 15:19:12

I'd just buy the best in John Lewis. Get them to wrap it for you if you want the presentation. I've never been disappointed. Unlike with the White Company!

Amanika Mon 16-Dec-13 17:12:40

You could look at www.babylinen.co.uk
100% linen bedding and other things for babies.
Cute and skinfriendly smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now