How to manage with a 7yo, 5yo and 2yo

(5 Posts)
starwarsismyreligon Fri 09-Sep-16 07:48:07

Can anyone give any advice or suggestions for doing home work with my three. I get in from work at 5/5.30pm. Kids at home with since school with babysitter, I usually try to get something to eat then attempt going between 7yo and 5yo whilst 2yo is hanging of my leg looking attention! 7yo gets about half HR per night and I like to do another 15mins reading . 5yo should only take 15mins but she stretches out to half HR.
It usually ends a shouting scenario as none getting the full attention and then dawdling and not doing what is asked- also distanced by others beside them. We do all at kitchen table
Helpshock

countingkids123 Fri 09-Sep-16 08:58:03

Sorry I can't be of any help but following with interest. I have a 6yr old and two 4yr old and already I'm worrying about how I can manage homework with all three when the time comes. It's hard enough just doing the reading without losing my rag because the other two just can't keep quiet!

starwarsismyreligon Mon 12-Sep-16 11:59:54

I'm with you on that!
Maybe posted in a wrong section, as no one come up the the answers so far!!smile

Duckyneedsaclean Mon 12-Sep-16 12:04:44

Why not ask the baby sitter to sit them down for their homework? Then you can just do reading when you get in?

GU24Mum Mon 19-Sep-16 23:12:10

Or if the babysitter isn't up for doing the homework, could he/she organise some food so at least you don't have to do that too. Mine are all a bit older so on one hand supposedly more independent but on the other, three are doing it and being grumpy! I'd probably resort to tv for the younger one while you're trying to sort out the older two.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now