Year 2 SATS

(3 Posts)
Bambino7 Mon 18-Apr-16 17:40:13

My head is literally spinning, with all the new processes for maths. Adding and subtracting double numbers will appear in the new papers this year.

My daughter is struggling, I have taught her my method the school's method its just not going in.

Any tips to help please?

Please don't post any negative comments as its negative already. I would like solutions.

Many Thanks

irvineoneohone Mon 18-Apr-16 20:45:34

Sorry no help, but I think you get more response if you post in primary education board. I think you can ask MN to move your thread to there too.

Rezolution123 Mon 18-Apr-16 21:12:22

Sorry you are having difficulty. I tutor primary pupils and try to use the same method as their school. I never try to impose my own method on them. Just support what the school has said. Less confusing for the pupil.
Just keep using fresh examples of the same method. Repeat with one or two of the same sum every day. Do not leave a gap of two or three days as it will all be forgotten. Plod on and give lots of praise.halo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now