how to get my 8 year old to do his homework

(3 Posts)
Shaz2011 Thu 11-Oct-12 16:26:18

Thanks mumnosbest I think I will have to try that as he won't do any not even daily reading I have tried changing it abit so he don't do it as soon as he is in but still no change. Thanks again

mumnosbest Wed 10-Oct-12 21:16:05

my ds (nearly 8) yr3 can be very stubborn too. i've let him draw up his own homework timetable. he has chosen when to do it and has to stick to it or he doesn't go out/play wii etc.

the 1st week, he left it all till sunday evening (due in monday). he struggled so the following week he changed it to a bit on each night. he also knows that it's his responsibility and if it doesn't get done he will miss playtime at school. daily reading,luckily isn't a problem as it's part of our bedtime routine. ds reads to dd and me before i read.

Shaz2011 Tue 09-Oct-12 14:29:23

Hi I am a mum of 3 all boys but I am having major issues with my 8 year old who I have guardianship for he refuses to do any type of homework at first it was now & again but now its everyday, he has to read at least 5 times a week at first he said the book was to hard so I wrote a note to his teacher & she changed his book to stage 14 instead of stage 15 but he still refuses to read & now its every piece of homework I am at my wits end & don't want to get in a confrontation with him as he can get violent please help I don't want him falling behind. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now