Ideas for combining inventions, art/craft related

(7 Posts)
hattifattner Wed 19-Sep-12 09:14:35

Heatable socks for cold mornings, maybe they have the same technology as the heat pads?

Actually, wellie boots with heat pads in the bottom!! Like those hand warmers that you tiwst to activate, and then reset the pads in hot water later!

Socks for puppies that step in nettles, either recovery socks with nice soothing camomile in, or booties that they can wear so they dont get stung. (has puppy with sore paws)

Having a foot thing today.

puppy teddies...that have the calming dog appeasing pheromone in them, plus a heartbeat sound - for stressed baby pups.

Take a look on pinterest - there are some great and simple ideas in the craft section.

sashh Tue 18-Sep-12 04:25:25

A scarf with mittens in - just get a scarf and turn the ends up to make mittens, it means you never loose your mittens and you don't need the traditional elastic in your coat (if you are 5).

Soft toys with id chips in them so they can be reunited with a child after being left in the park.

School uniform with id chips for the same reason.

A combined watch / pill box so the alarm goes when you need your pills and they are already on your wrist. Could have a lock so you can't get them out early.

hattifattner Mon 17-Sep-12 19:43:45

sigh This has just captured my imagination - I am clearly sadder than sad. Are these ideas meant to be made? Or just designed? How old is DD?

More ideas after my walk with puppydog....:

o Fluorescent dogs lead with flashing LED light - like you get on the back of bikes.

o Dog coat with pocket for putting poo bags in.

o disposable doggy poo bags mittens.

o disposable baby nappies with disposal bag attached at the back (all in one)

o glow in the dark needles and pins, (so you don't lose them!)

Ah Ive got a million ideas, just no outlet. I need to become an inventor!

hattifattner Mon 17-Sep-12 16:27:43

I want a TV remote with one of those whistle activated finding beep things like the keyrings.

hattifattner Mon 17-Sep-12 15:04:05

I want to invent a suitcase strap that has a fingerprint lock.

I want a purse that is attached to a bag so it cannot be pick-pocketed without setting off a loud alarm.

Clearly I have a thing about bags.

hattifattner Mon 17-Sep-12 15:01:32

I want to invent a backpack that has a built in rain coat.

It should also have a radio and earphones in the straps. And have a crush proof cool bag in the bottom to keep lunch in.

It could have a pencil sharpener and a calculator in one of the pockets, built in so no-one could nick them.

Madmog Mon 17-Sep-12 14:53:39

My daughter has to come up with a fresh idea combining two inventions. Many of her friends are coming up with recipes and one is making a bag with purse in it. She's adamant she doesn't want to do the recipe idea, but is struggling for another option.

Just been messing around on the school's website and project has to be completed soon (she thought she had the rest of this half term). She does want to come up with her own idea, but I just wondering if anyone can suggest a few ideas in the hope it triggers something she can work with. I'm hopeless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now