Had to give up job to go on holiday with family

(9 Posts)
alypaly Fri 31-Jul-09 12:55:35

Qualified pharmacy dispenser with over 30 years experience and knowledge would like to know where i can get a job where the boss is reasonable. Will let me go on holiday in school hols as my youngest is at school

BlueSmarties Fri 31-Jul-09 19:16:51

You're not serious!!!! Everywhere is looking for dispensers. How can your boss let you go?

foxinsocks Fri 31-Jul-09 19:21:47

I didn't even know we had a topic called Home Front

foxinsocks Fri 31-Jul-09 19:24:10

hope you find a new job soon. Reasonable bosses seem few and far between at the moment grrr

alypaly Sat 01-Aug-09 00:02:29

BlueSmarties
are you in pharmacy?
It has been my life for such a long time and i have been a medical rep for 13 years too, so i believed i brought alot of knowledge to the job which helped when counselling patients. I did so much overtime to help him out when we had someone off sick and was always asked to work full time when the manager was away, as he always employed pharmacists that didnt want to or couldnt use the computer.I have not had a day off since last October except 5 weeks ago when i had to have my gall bladder removed.I even went into wrk when I was really too ill.
He relied on me to do all the ordering profitably during his absense and to maintain all our nomad tray deliveries and queries , to phone in staff hours for payday, and to be a key holder for the premises. I was single handedly dispensing up to 500 scripts a day and putting all the incoming orders away. But twice this year i gave plenty of notice to ask for a holiday during the feb hols and in august and he point blank said"NO"
He even head hunted me from my previous employment.... I just cant underdstand him

So i have taken the drastic decision to resign as my family time is more importantto me than my job.
The trouble is I love pharmacy and i reckon i am a frustrated doctor at heart as i love reading anything to do with new treatments and it is a genuine interest.sad

alypaly Sat 01-Aug-09 00:03:14

didnt know where to start this post as there was nothing on jobs!!!

alypaly Sat 01-Aug-09 00:04:40

just noticed 'jobs ' under classified....

BlueSmarties Sat 01-Aug-09 20:31:35

Honestly stuff him. It might not feel ok now but you will find a better job with better work life balance and you will be soo proud of yourself that you made a stand. Or he might realise the error of his ways and beg you to stay in which case you need to negotiate the balls off him for better terms and/pay.

Good luck.

PS not in a pharmacy but look at websites of all big chains. Boots were looking for loads of dispensers a few weeks ago cos they are opening new branches and tesco were doing a big drive to increase the number of in house pharmacies they have.

alypaly Sun 02-Aug-09 23:47:47

Thx BlueSmarties thats exactly how i feel.
I have given everything to this job.

I have got to the stage where I thgink i might get out of pharmacy as all the owners/ managers just run you into the ground both physically and mentally.

They are a breed on their own....some are so moody, i have felt as if i have been treding on glass around my boss as he comes into work in a different mood everyday and i never know if its going to be bad or really bad.
Why do they have to be so grumpy when they work in such close proximity to their dispenser.
I have not had a coffee break in 2 and half years!!!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now