Juggling work and home

(8 Posts)
fransmom Fri 05-Sep-08 17:16:44

lmao grin

cmotdibbler Fri 05-Sep-08 16:50:05

I had a very strange work moment earlier when I had to send an email to a Ludmilla. I had a very strong urge to ask her about werewolf tendencies...

fransmom Fri 05-Sep-08 16:48:06

it's looking a bit green, quick i see captain vimes!

cmotdibbler Fri 05-Sep-08 16:39:56

I can do you a soy rat on a stick ? With ketchup or not ?

fransmom Fri 05-Sep-08 16:31:01

<<was going to ask if you have any veggie pies for sale cmot............backs off quickly grin>>

cmotdibbler Fri 05-Sep-08 16:11:12

yes. Very frustrating - but the only thing that I will take DS to in work hours is the dentist as they don't do evening/weekend appointments, and then I book the latest possible appointment on a Friday. Hosp appts obv, theres no choice about.
Everything else I make them give me an evening appointment, or don't go. I was particularly annoyed by the HV and imms stuff where they only do them 2-4 on a Tuesday - and nursery won't have them for 24 hours afterwards. So I complained until the surgery grudgingly let DS have his imms on a Friday pm (same nurse, same place). They assume that mums of preschoolers must not be working.

Admin stuff thats over the phone I do at lunchtime, or I save up a load of things and take a half day

Don't get me started on the fact that there are no weekend swimming lessons or anything else for preschoolers at the weekends, or even Friday afternoons

fransmom Fri 05-Sep-08 16:01:51

arrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!

blush
welcome bp!!
luckily for me, i am not working atm but it was frustrating trying to fit in everything

BlueParrot Fri 05-Sep-08 16:00:10

Hi, new to mumsnet and the internet! If you are, like me, having to juggle fulltime work and home (using breakfast and afterschool clubs), do you get frustrated by the difficulties of "the System"? I can't get dental/opticians/doctor appoints for my children outside work hours, school expects me to be there in daytime - there's no email link to the primary school (altho there is one to my son's at the secondary), can't talk to benefits people about my Mum's needs out of hours and even parking permits have to be sorted in office hours. Everything seems to expect me to be there! Am I alone in finding this frustrating? Any tips?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now