Juggling work and home

(4 Posts)
BlueParrot Fri 05-Sep-08 15:58:43

Hi, new to mumsnet and the internet! If you are, like me, having to juggle fulltime work and home (using breakfast and afterschool clubs), do you get frustrated by the difficulties of "the System"? I can't get dental/opticians/doctor appoints for my children outside work hours, school expects me to be there in daytime - there's no email link to the primary school (altho there is one to my son's at the secondary), can't talk to benefits people about my Mum's needs out of hours and even parking permits have to be sorted in office hours. Everything seems to expect me to be there! Am I alone in finding this frustrating? Any tips?

tripleplease Fri 05-Sep-08 17:52:08

Hi,
I find booking up super-ahead of time to get holiday appointments is the only way to go - specially with the dentist!

Though I find I spend luch times on the mobile sorting anything out - rather than eating!

googgly Wed 10-Sep-08 21:43:58

yes thank heaven for sympathetic colleagues/boss

Sunshinetoast Thu 11-Sep-08 10:07:16

It's everything isn't it? Deliveries, repairs - all expect you to be there during the day time. I work from home now, which makes it a lot easier. But then I have the problem that people don't think I'm really working - because I'm at home somehow I'm seen as available to do other things at any time.
I noticed this recently when DH had to call the nursery voucher people (vouchers through his work). He was so shocked about how long it took to get through, how much time he had to waste, how unreasonable it all was, that I realised how rarely he ever has to deal with any of this administrative stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now