Does your company have a newsletter/bulletin that you could promote the Home Front survey in?

(24 Posts)
GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 13-Aug-08 14:32:16

that should have read 'hopefully still time'

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 13-Aug-08 13:57:03

Hi, the deadline for the Home Front survey closing has been extended to the morning of Wed 27 August. So if your company/workplace has a newsletter or e-bulletin, there's still time for them to include a link. Thanks, we appreciate it, honest.

Rhubarb Sun 03-Aug-08 23:19:15

grin

Marina Sun 03-Aug-08 23:15:22

I love you too, just don't burp sick on me wink

Rhubarb Sun 03-Aug-08 22:57:00

Can't help, just wanted to tell Marina that I loved her!

Marina Fri 01-Aug-08 23:34:15

Too late for us this time Carrie but yes, employer and parent organisation both have e-Bulletins so could help in future

tribpot Fri 01-Aug-08 16:36:40

Yes sorry - don't think I'll be able to get anything done by 17th August, it did say it was 'open all summer', has there been a memo about autumn starting early this year? grin

stealthsquiggle Fri 01-Aug-08 15:05:08

In which case I think the wheels may grind a little too slowly, Justine - sorry - even internal communications work in months ahead, not days, so I am not sure it will get out to anyone on time...

See, MamaG, your approach is likely to be far more effective grin

MamaG Fri 01-Aug-08 14:40:56

can you delete my post saying I've forwarded link by email to all friends who are parents?

I feel a complete knobhead after all the "ooh yes I work for IBM and every single person in the firm has been asked ot complete it" posts grin

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 01-Aug-08 14:29:50

The survey closes around the 17th Aug - so 2 more weeks to fill in.

stealthsquiggle Fri 01-Aug-08 12:14:37

When does the survey close, BTW?

stealthsquiggle Fri 01-Aug-08 12:03:58

I have asked the question - wheels grind slowly but hopefully it will get pushed out in some form or other.

overthemill Fri 01-Aug-08 11:15:21

i am happy to add this to my babysitting website and you could add it onto facebook - oxfam did a thing for their local campaign where you could put it on your webpages

carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 01-Aug-08 10:35:02

Hi all

Here's a brief-ish summary of what it's all about. Please feel free to amend/ shorten/ ask for more and thank you so much for your support on this, it's much appreciated

Have your say in a high profile national debate and help us make a difference for families.

Over the next four months two leading parenting websites - Mumsnet.com and Dad Info –with the support of the Equality and Human Rights Commission will be hosting a high profile national debate – Home Front - what do mums and dads need to make life work?

Home Front will enable both mothers and fathers to tell the world how they organise work and caring - and what can be done to make life easier. The results will be presented to politicians and policy makers in the autumn. We’re hoping a whole new regime to support work/life balance will, eventually, result.

To kick start the debate Mumsnet.com are hosting a survey here. The survey will only take a few minutes to complete and everyone who takes part will be entered in to a prize draw to win a fantastic family break with Luxury Family Hotels

You can also join other mums and dads in the Home Front discussions at either Mumsnet.com or Dad Info

If you want a briefer version - just use the first par at beginning of survey

Thanks again

MNHQ

tribpot Fri 01-Aug-08 07:53:28

Agreed - can have this put into my staff newsletter if they know why they might want to!

WaynettaSlob Fri 01-Aug-08 07:34:35

I work for a large bank, and returned from my holiday this week to find a request to complete the survey!!!! I was v. impressed.

babypowder Thu 31-Jul-08 22:53:48

Echoing what Stealthsquiggle said - I'm sure my company could be persuaded, but a well-crafted paragraph would help no end.

i've posted it on my work intranet for you

stealthsquiggle Thu 31-Jul-08 18:13:37

PortandLemon that was my first thought - which I supressed because I never win anything anyway for the greater good

PortAndLemon Thu 31-Jul-08 17:59:46

So, the more people we persuade to fill it in, the lower our chances of winning the luxury holiday....? [motivated emoticon]

NormaStanleyFletcher Thu 31-Jul-08 17:52:29

I also work for a mahoosive organisation - I second what stealth said.

I will forward to parents I know

stealthsquiggle Thu 31-Jul-08 16:30:33

I work for a HUGE organisation and they actively promote work-life balance. I am sure they could be persuaded, but do you have a canned paragraph I could send the relevant person to explain what it is, who you are, and why it is worth doing?

MamaG Thu 31-Jul-08 15:50:38

I've forwarded a link to the survey to all parents in my inbox

don't have a company newsletter.

perhaps other mners could do the same?

carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jul-08 15:16:23

Hi there

We've had a great Mumsnet response to the Home Front survey (if you haven't filled it in yet, please do it now grin)but we'd love to spread the net a bit wider and find out what other mums and dads out there think of the whole work/life balance thing and how we can make it better.

If your company/workplace has a newsletter or e-bulletin, we'd be really grateful if you could ask them to include a link. There's a luxury family holiday up for grabs and the survey shouldn't take more than 5-10 mins to complete so hopefully it's not too onerous.

If you need more info, or think you can think of any other ways you can get folks to fill the survey in, please let us know.

Thanks in advance

MNHQ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now