Moving to Leeds area - Advice re good areas, nurseries, schools, etc

(5 Posts)
Harry090414 Mon 22-Aug-16 15:29:34

Hello, my husband is going to be working out of Leeds airport from mid October and we are going to let a property before we purchase. We have a toddler who is 2 & a half. Has anyone good some good advice re where to look - good for families, nice community spirit, parks, good nurseries, schools & amenities, etc. I've heard Horsforth is nice and is very close to the airport. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance! smile

vitaminC Mon 22-Aug-16 15:35:57

I have a friend in Otley, which is nice and extremely handy for the airport. Quite busy roads (and aircraft noise), though.

Adel and Alwoodley are very nice suburbs and only a shortish drive, but fairly pricey. I guess your budget will depend on your husband's salary and where you are moving from...

Are you planning to work, too? Will you need to commute into the city?

RamonaTheGreat Mon 22-Aug-16 15:59:26

We're in Horsforth and love it. Pretty close to the airport and with a great park and little high street. It's got. Really good sense of community to and easy links to the city centre. Would highly recommend!

Harry090414 Mon 22-Aug-16 15:59:44

Many thanks for your advice, very helpful smile We're moving from Bristol and I will be returning to work, unsure where based yet. Is it a straight forward commute into the city from say Otley? Do you know if the city nurseries are any good? I'm going to be contacting them in the next day or so to check waiting lists, etc. Thanks again.

Harry090414 Mon 22-Aug-16 16:01:10

That's a great help RamonaTheGreat smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now