the thing I hate about my house is...

(10 Posts)
StillYummy Mon 30-May-16 08:49:24

Only one, no matter how small and petty. I'll start.

I hate that you can hear if it is solid or liquid waste being flushed in the upstairs bathroom as it whistles past the extension.... Where we have our dining table bork!

Pollyputhtekettleon Mon 30-May-16 08:51:09

It's hard to see people driving up the avenue or even when they have arrived because of the aspect of the house and placement of the Windows.

treaclesoda Mon 30-May-16 08:51:33

I hate that our lovely private back garden doesn't get the sun in the late afternoon.

MyBreadIsEggy Mon 30-May-16 08:53:06

I hate that my bathroom (shower, bath, sink) are all in a room together, and my toilet is in a tiny little cupboard room next door hmm What the fuck is all that about?!! confused

Lweji Mon 30-May-16 08:54:47

The tiles in the bathrooms are textured. They look nice but are very impractical.

dudsville Mon 30-May-16 09:00:21

That I still need new bathrooms but can't afford it so have to live with the previous owners' fondness for avocado.

Also, that my home isn't self funding so I still have to go to work.

CathemeralChild Mon 30-May-16 09:04:06

That the previous owners impregnated the external brickwork with some kind of waterproofing. My house looks orange but all the neighbours' houses have weathered to a soft pink.

gingerboy1912 Mon 30-May-16 09:04:53

I hate that it is a square boring looking box from the outside with no quirky features.

StillYummy Mon 30-May-16 09:08:05

That's 2 dudsville but I will let you have it as I am also gutted my home isn't self funding!

Eminybob Mon 30-May-16 09:24:03

I hate the 3 big trees surrounding my house. The one in the back blocks most of the sun in our south facing garden, and the 2 in the front mean the front garden and the car are constantly covered in bird crap.
But the tree removal people either quoted too high that we couldn't afford, and the one we could afford never returned our call so obviously decided they didn't want the job angry

I also hate the old falling apart kitchen, and the fact that the toilet is seprarate from the bathroom, but we don't have the money to change those at the moment either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now