painting kitchen cupborads?

(7 Posts)
ehmumbo Fri 10-May-13 10:18:44

Need to refresh kitchen and have very little money! Just wondering if anyone had done this? (DIY cupboard painting that is) How did it look? Any suggestions for where to get nice new door handles / best paint for the job .... etc greatly appreciated!

MolotovCocktail Fri 10-May-13 10:20:32

Ooh, I'm interested in this (similar situation as yours, OP). Hope someone answers soon!

Also interested so watching

I paint my cupboards with Farrow and Ball French grey eggshell (if you google image there are kitchens painted in it). My kitchen is solid pine and probably about 20 years old. It's a cottage though so it suits the style.

Solo Fri 10-May-13 10:28:22

Looking and watching with interest.

MadamNoo Fri 10-May-13 10:36:17

well I did mine, and it has meant that I could just about bear to live with my kitchen the last few years since we couldn't afford to change it. They were horrid fake wood and now they are grey-blue. I had to prime them with a special primer for laminate first or the paint doesn't stick - primer and paint both dulux. I did not do a very good job: I didn't take the doors off first and I got some drips down the back (inside the doors) and also some drips on the front, because I was fed up and impatient and it took absolutely ages. That was four years ago and there are a few chips now, but I think that is just because the doors are also hanging crooked and rubbing on each other in some places. So for us it is definitely a stop-gap, you could do it more thoroughly! MIL just had hers painted professionally and they look better than mine. New handles might be nice too?

Solo Fri 10-May-13 23:36:32

Hmmmmmmm...thank you smile I'm feeling inspired.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now