Nature Journalling

(5 Posts)
AntiqueSinger Sat 03-Sep-16 15:13:14

Anybody here doing nature Journalling with their children? I keep drooling over these lovely nature study books on online home ed blogs (note usually American). But really don't know where to start. I've tried walking around with a bird and tree identification book when were out and about, but DS (7) could care less about stopping, watching, waiting and trying to check what is what, (gets bored quickly) so how will I get him to stop and draw?

I think it would be such a nice habit to encourage though. Any tips?

itsstillgood Sat 03-Sep-16 17:03:52

Have a look for the nature curriculum Exploring Nature with Children by Lynn Seddon. It talks you through different themes week by week and the pictures of Lynn's journal are lovely. Her blog/website is www.raisinglittleshoots.co.uk. She's a UK based home eder.

itsstillgood Sat 03-Sep-16 17:05:10

Oops sorry it's www.raisinglittleshoots.com

AntiqueSinger Sun 04-Sep-16 15:08:51

Thanks for the link itstillgood. Indulging!smile

whyohwhycantisleep Wed 07-Sep-16 19:21:34

Yes we are! Our first year home educating (9 year old). We are doing the exploring nature with children curriculum suggested above. There is a meet up locally once a week of others doing the same course for the nature walks etc.

I am doing a journal along with my ds which really seems to be encouraging him as he is normally a really really reluctant writer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now