Internet schools

(8 Posts)
oneboy3girls Wed 13-Jul-16 12:57:26

This will be difficult to answer.Academically, how do internet schools compare to the 'average' U.K school?If my child gained 6Gcse's at an 'average' school(bricks and mortar),would they more or less get them at an internet school?What are your experience ? Many thanks.

Dayna1 Fri 15-Jul-16 07:41:22

I have been trying to figure out the same, pretty much. Would appreciate any views on the matter.

Incitatus Mon 18-Jul-16 16:00:01

Apparently Interhigh results compare favourably with bricks and mortar schools. We're looking at this option for ds2 who has asd and is chronically bullied.

steppemum Mon 18-Jul-16 16:29:55

well, an internet school is more dependent on a child being self motivated and on the parents supporting.

The question is incomplete anyway, because if you look at all the secondary education threads, you will see that the question is basically being asked in a slightly different form all the time.
Will my child do better if they go to grammar or comp?
Should I send my child to Independent school or state?

The bottom line in all these questions is will they do as well at one as the other. So you question could be are internet schools as good as grammar? Or as good as school X in town Y? Or as good as Eton?

I am not being flippant, but it does assume all schools are the same.

I work with families who live overseas and many use internet schools to access the UK national curriculum, and then do IGCSEs. If the family are supportive and the child does the work required, they seem to get good results, certainly as good as a 'typical' bricks and mortar school, if not better.

Loumate666 Mon 18-Jul-16 16:39:44

My daughter had a medical issue, couldn't attend traditional school and was therefore taught through Academy21for 2 years leading up to GCSE. Without it, she would have got zero GCSEs...with it, she got six including A*..I can't recommend it enough!

AndNowItsSeven Mon 18-Jul-16 16:41:54

Which internet school are decent?

oneboy3girls Tue 19-Jul-16 11:57:43

Thanks for the responses.steppe Of course I know this question is flawed.I said it would be difficult to answer.

Mov1ngOn Tue 19-Jul-16 12:00:10

If your child is unhappy/struggling at school then they may perform better at Internet school regardless.

I dont like the idea of being sat at a desk online for much of the day but if home edding it would give some structure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now