Leap of faith...

(4 Posts)
NettleTea Thu 12-Jun-14 21:02:02

After much to-ing, fro-ing, school refusing, seemingly dropping off the CAMHS radar as theyve gone incommunicado, and being sick to death of trying to get my daughter to do ANYTHING she doesnt want to (looking for a referral for PDA diagnosis) I dropped the letter to the school today to deregister.....

She has dyed her hair red, made elderflower cordial and said she is going to have a book where she can write about what she has learned (I am not holding my breath on that one)

jomidmum Thu 12-Jun-14 21:34:16

Chill and have fun! It's an awesome journey to be on!

ommmward Thu 12-Jun-14 23:59:59

Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may well find it much easier to cope with the PDA (or the PDA-like symptoms - doesn't make any difference to your daily experience whether anyone actually diagnoses it or not, I guess smile ) now that the struggle of school is taken out of the picture.

Maybe you could do a learning book together, and keep it light ("today you learned about how long to leave the dye on in order to get pillar box red hair" "today you learned about [whatever making elderflower cordial entails]". The more academic sounding stuff will slide in around the edges).

Velvetbee Fri 13-Jun-14 14:53:36

Enjoy! Have a fabulous summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now