Online Maths

(7 Posts)
AlastairD Mon 04-Nov-13 20:01:31

Hi, as a mathematics tutor, I used Maths Whizz for a year and it works well when supervised, but tended not to be used when I was not there.

Mathletics and Sum Dog look fun, but are very much arithmetic-based, and as such lack the depth required to prepare for 11+ and Common Entrance, let alone G.C.S.E..

We have developed a new site called RichMaths.com which is based on the national curriculum and gives a full tutorial video on each question.

It's still in trial phase at the moment, so we are keen to pick up views from parents as to whether it has appeal.

Al

Stirrups36 Thu 25-Apr-13 10:41:56

Try Mathspace, it's an Australian company that has just launched over here and it offers individual subscriptions as well. The thing I like about it is that is shows the working out, asks for reasons and gives step by step help if the child needs it.

Then if they get some questions wrong, revision topics are automatically added.

But having the working out recorded is great. The iPad app even uses handwriting recognition to let students enter the work.

olivo Tue 12-Feb-13 08:16:55

Dd uses mathletics at school and home but she's only year 1, not sure what it is like for older children. The kids at my secondary use cool math, seems to be a hit.

streakybacon Tue 12-Feb-13 08:03:42

Conquer is excellent. Ds also liked Maths Whizz when he was younger, but Conquer is the bee's knees for proper maths.

SigaSiga Tue 12-Feb-13 01:26:41

We use ConquerMaths and they offer 40% discount to home educators. Code HOMEED

Velvetbee Mon 11-Feb-13 21:27:23

Have you had a look at Conquermaths? My lot like it aged 15, 13, 7 and 5. It's more mini tutorials than games, with a set of questions after each one and levels/certificates to be earned.

CheerMum Mon 11-Feb-13 13:09:34

Hi all,
I'm looking into an online Maths tutor/game/learning resource thingy. dd is 11 and has outgrown education city, does anyone use mathletics? Is it any good? Or any other recommendations.
Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now