Financial help with on line school fees

(6 Posts)
musicposy Tue 15-Jan-13 18:41:20

You could try some cheaper alternatives. Mathletics do home ed subscriptions for £25 per year and there are often similar things advertised on groupon (language courses and maths courses) for around £10. That way you could try having some online structure without the huge expense. We did mathletics for a year and it was quite helpful to be able to tell DD to go on it when I was working/ busy etc.

i would have thought you could cover quite a few subjects online much cheaper than this. There are some great science websites out there - I think there's a few you can subscribe to. Why no try this route first?

Also, do consider what Julie says. If it's early days, maybe you need to just give it time and keep the pace relaxed for a while. You could let her do her own thing for a few months and see what comes of it. You might be pleasantly surprised!

meditrina Sun 13-Jan-13 09:01:55

LEAs will not pay for private schools (whether actual or online) unless they cannot offer any suitable provision (and that includes their view of their SEN provision), and they also provide home tutors for very poorly children.

I think it's a bit of an urban myth that any pay private schooling fees under any circumstances.

mumof4darlings Sun 13-Jan-13 08:49:18

hi,
some people have been successful in getting funding for interhigh when there child has had a statement. We tried as my daughter has a statement, but our LEA would not pay, saying that the provision she was in was suitable for her needs! even though we had a psych report saying otherwise.

julienoshoes Mon 07-Jan-13 20:10:10

no financial help for alternative schooling-as their wouldn't be if you put her into private school.

Can we help with your HE?
If you have only been dereg a short time, you and she possibly need time to deschool?

lamoseley Mon 07-Jan-13 15:43:52

Hi

I have also looked at Interhigh for my HE DD (13) as she does prefer structure and after looking into this my DD seems v keen, although would like to hear from others who have taken this approach (I will start a new thread!)

Although I do not believe there is any financial help steered towards HE families, although I may be wrong.

I am sure somebody with more knowledge will reply shortly! Good Luck x

Onamincepiebreak Mon 07-Jan-13 13:11:16

Only been HE DD (12) a short time, but its not going brilliantly, so have been looking at Interhigh, and DD is very keen, but the fees are just to much for me to manage at the moment sad

Will the LEA help at all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now