Briteschool V Interhigh?

(28 Posts)
bochead Fri 02-Nov-12 14:38:17

Has anyone attended either or researched both and come down in favour of one or other? If so why?

A bit of background in case it aids your advice.

DS is ASD so prefers the regular structure, routine etc, etc that comes with the set curriculum offered by formal online schooling.

Huge organisational changes in DS's current setting from 2013 mean we may be better off home edding from Year 5 rather than Year 6 onwards as I'd hoped. Change is a big deal for DS, so I'm trying to work out how best to smooth his path over the next few years.

My orginal plan was Interhigh from Year 7. However Briteschool starts at 9 - I'm just not sure whether what they offer is what we need iyswim.

stilllearnin Tue 20-Nov-12 15:28:43

Oh thanks for that. It is not the most pressing concern - but it is really helpful to have some first-hand experience so that we can be more informed. My son can definitely be comfortable with different types of people, he quite likes that- its more how that and all issues are managed that matters. It sounds like Interhigh is switched on tho.

It now looks like my son will finish this school at Easter and start one of the internet schools in September. He wants to pursue some 'projects' for the summer term. I am not sure what he means but my instinct is he needs to be trusted! I'll be back!

Expatforever Wed 27-Feb-13 14:16:01

Hi there, urgently in need of advice please. We are trying to make contact with Briteschool via e-mail as well as telephonically. Our e-mails remain unanswered and the phones are not being picked up either. Yesterday the website was not accessible but it is now. Has the school closed down or are they still active? I would appreciate feedback please as we need to enrol our child asap. Thanks!

Annathecamel Tue 19-Mar-13 10:46:05

Expat - I hope someone from Briteschool has got back to you.

I taught there for a time a few years back and as a teacher loved it. It's very well structured and organised and in terms of content probably more intense and focused than a real classroom in a brick school. I could certainly see how some students in particularly flourished and thrived in the alternative educational environment it offered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now