Facebook home ed group

(113 Posts)
ComeWhineWithMe Wed 13-Jul-11 16:48:58

I have started a group on FB for HE parents on MN. I thought it would be a good place to share links, ideas and have a moan to each other.

Feel free to join smile.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/126977567388843#!/groups/126977567388843

ComeWhineWithMe Wed 13-Jul-11 16:49:18
ComeWhineWithMe Wed 13-Jul-11 17:08:47
mummyhappy Mon 18-Jul-11 23:31:18

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

julienoshoes Mon 18-Jul-11 23:37:44

personally I hope mumsnet FB group says NO!
I'll leave if it does not.

Drives me mad how many tutors/learning services contact our local HE website, wanting to join/offer services.

the clue is in the title -a group for Home Educators is a group for Home Educators

catbus Wed 20-Jul-11 11:46:49

What???? What did I miss?? I would like to know as I haven't been online for a while to add members and hoping Comewhine has seen this!!

ComeWhineWithMe Wed 20-Jul-11 11:58:16

We will say no! Leave us alone and stop spamming you had a thread pulled the other day so are already aware that you should pay to advertise.

homeedmam11 Wed 20-Jul-11 19:25:21

Thanks will look this up.x

NoHunIntended Fri 29-Jul-11 14:45:53

Hi! Just joined! Thanks!

seachange Fri 29-Jul-11 20:01:10

I've asked to join. Have been around a little while but have name changed. Feel free to PM me to check I'm legit smile

OvO Sun 31-Jul-11 17:37:07

Hello, I've sent a request to join. Photo is a small boy dressed as a dinosaur. grin

Hi, Iv'e sent a request too, initials TD, with a nickname in the middle.

akaemmafrost Wed 24-Aug-11 15:49:47

Hi, have sent a request to join as well. Been on MN for a long while but name change regularly. I am wearing yellow in my photo.

mumto3boysHE Thu 25-Aug-11 16:18:33

I've asked to join as well. Initials MC, picture is of DH & I in beautiful blue sea...sigh....

thankyou smile

gwylan Mon 29-Aug-11 01:53:04

Hi just sent a request in to join, picture of a happy cat smile

Continuum Wed 31-Aug-11 17:17:05

I've just sent a request to join, my profile is me standing behind a sculpting thing of child sized clothing so it looks like it's my body.... ahem.

SingOut Wed 31-Aug-11 19:33:47

Requested as well, I am wearing an 'I Love You' t-shirt in my pic grin

thesmiths88 Tue 15-Nov-11 17:16:14

Hi Just asked to join too - photo is of my daughter, blond hair, purple t-shirt, 1 yr old. Thanks!

spacebaby Wed 30-Nov-11 21:28:37

Hi I've asked to join I'm right of the begining of my home education journey. Zarax (sussex wood painting)

queenrollo Mon 23-Jan-12 09:20:17

if this is still active I just sent a request to join

EauRouge Mon 23-Jan-12 10:45:24

I've sent a request too, profile pic is a couple of wallabies.

queenrollo Mon 23-Jan-12 10:53:22

my profile pic has me in a fancy hat

julienoshoes Mon 23-Jan-12 11:43:48

Done queen rollo and Eaurouge

purplypink Thu 23-Feb-12 23:29:36

i have also just requested to join, my picture is a wedding picture on the beach.

ellenjames Wed 21-Mar-12 11:35:10

i have requested to join as thinking about it at the moment my profile pic is a black lab x

Mama1980 Thu 22-Mar-12 10:39:20

I have requested to join. My profile has a bear pic. I am home ed my 4 year old son

mumofjust1 Thu 22-Mar-12 19:10:44

I have just requested to join smile

My profile pic is me, wearing a purple jumper

ommmward Thu 22-Mar-12 19:52:04

I've requested. profile pic is a couple of plaits. smile

julienoshoes Thu 22-Mar-12 20:16:40

i've added you all I think.x

mumofjust1 Thu 22-Mar-12 20:17:36

Thank you Julie smile

mumofjust1 Thu 22-Mar-12 20:25:39

Any idea why I can't add a message to the groups wall? confused

julienoshoes Thu 22-Mar-12 20:40:37

because Facebook is sometimes an arse?

try again a bit later and if you still can't post, send me a private message and I'll go have a look. My profile pic is me and my dd1 who is looking over her shoulder.

ToffeeWhirl Fri 23-Mar-12 00:48:32

OK, probably a stupid question, but I'm not on FB and don't want to have a public FB page, so does that mean I can't join this group? Or is it possible to join without anyone outside the group seeing your profile?

Mama1980 Fri 23-Mar-12 07:14:25

Thank you smile

Cabbageflowers Sat 26-May-12 23:58:24

Is the group safe at the moment? There was a message asking any journalists or LA officials to leave. I didn't like to ask there for that reason.

julienoshoes Sun 27-May-12 16:58:16

Hi Cabbageflowers
I edited the group description so it now says:

It is NOT a place for Journalists or Local Authority employees,-unless of course they are parents looking to/home educating parents.
It is NOT a place for people looking to sell their businesses/tutoring services to home educators.
Please do not apply to join in these circumstances.

It was the latter bit that was the problem, we had someone trying to sell their tutoring services there.
I asked then that anyone who might be there for the above reasons, leave-and the person I was directing it to on this occasion, removed her whole post and left.

As far as I can ascertain, it's as safe as we can make it for the moment.
You should always be aware though that someone may not be as they seem, and not post any personal details, that you are not happy for the world-and the LA to know.

if there was something someone wanted specific advice about, you could ask me to post it as 'advice needed for my friend', which would depersonalise it for you.

Does that help?

chocaholic73 Sun 27-May-12 20:57:47

just requested to join ... initials SM photo of me in flowery dress with 2 DDs. On the verge of taking the plunge for 15 yo with SN

julienoshoes Sat 09-Jun-12 22:23:04

Somene has just asked to join the mumsnet FB group-but their profile is so tightly closed, I can't see anything except the profile pic, nor send a message.

If that is you (name begins with CD) can you send me a private message please-confirming that you will fit in with the group-as described here:

A group for people who are home educating or considering home education for their children........who have found us via Mumsnet. A place where you can discuss aspects of home education without criticism from others who don't approve.

It is NOT a place for Journalists or Local Authority employees,-unless of course they are parents looking to/home educating parents.
It is NOT a place for people looking to sell their businesses/tutoring services to home educators.

All styles of home education are acceptable here. Please be nice.

Sorry to be so wary, but we do get LA bods being nosey around and people trying to sell their businesses to home educators....

Helenagrace Sun 01-Jul-12 22:52:18

I have messaged one of the moderators of the FB group from my iPhone. The phone has managed to lose several parts of my messages and it now looks like it was written by an illiterate idiot.

Please don't block me! I will try to write a proper English message on my laptop tomorrow to see if I can redeem myself blush.

Doormouse Mon 02-Jul-12 18:11:45

Have just messaged Julienoshoes (I think!) to request membership of the group - I haven't got a profile pic (am a facebook newbie and haven't got that far) but thought I'd post here too to 'validate' my identity!! Thanks.....

julienoshoes Mon 09-Jul-12 17:42:27

if you have recently applied to join the mumsnet HE Facebook page, and your setting allows, I should have messaged you asking you to confirm that you are home educating or considering it.

Some people have applied, but their settings are so high I cannot send such a message. If that is you can you contact me as an admin there and confirm this for me please?

Please note for anyone interested in joining, the information about the group says:

"A group for people who are home educating or considering home education for their children........who have found us via Mumsnet. A place where you can discuss
aspects of home education without criticism from others who don't approve.

All styles of home education are acceptable here. Please be nice.

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:
*Please could anyone asking to join message one of the admins, with a brief introduction: this is just to keep the group a safe space. Thankyou*"

flussymummy Mon 09-Jul-12 22:46:22

Hello! I'm not sure if you received my message but my profile picture is of 4 of us (little one in a baby carrier). Thank you!

ScarletLlama Wed 11-Jul-12 19:42:17

Hi, I just sent a request to join. I have pretty hardcore privacy settings on facebook - my profile photo is of a cardboard robot ; Please email me if there are any issues!

treedelivery Thu 12-Jul-12 22:35:37

Hello - I've requested to join. My name

1) You can see where the arboreal link comes from
2) Marvellous for bacteria growth.

If that's too cryptic/daft - pm me or something.

If you are happy for me to join blush

catbus Fri 13-Jul-12 16:34:53

Just to say,all those wanting to join, who haven't already: look up the admins on the group (under members) and pm one of us please: there is just myself and Julienoshoes! There are quite a few asking to join at the moment, most of which one of us have messaged, but it would be a lot less legwork to just message an admin please! Ta chaps..smile

catnipkitty Sun 05-Aug-12 13:34:59

Hi I have sent a joining request - picture of 3 girls is life jackets in a boat!
C x

julienoshoes Thu 30-Aug-12 22:20:07

bump

siblingrivalry Fri 31-Aug-12 10:39:11

Hi,
I have sent a request to join - my last name begins with an 'N' and the photo is in black and white, of my children. Many thanks!

smallwonder Fri 31-Aug-12 14:06:42

I've just come across this thread, have had DC4 in June so not been too active on the HE boards, usually much of a lurker! I have asked to join the FB Page, I am first name with double-barrel surname and photo of all my DC.
Thanks

siblingrivalry Sat 01-Sep-12 16:54:26

Thanks smile

Gentleness Sat 01-Sep-12 20:17:42

I just requested to join the group! My profile pic is of me cuddling a remarkably cute baby.

RockingMoose Sun 02-Sep-12 10:11:50

Hi! I've been lurking around here for some time but never posted. I sent a request last night, my picture is of me blurry behind some grass and a blurry pink blob (DD) at the back grin My name is not English.

TyrannosaurusBex Sun 02-Sep-12 11:28:49

I just sent a request, don't have a pic yet (gremlins) but my initials are R.O.

julienoshoes Wed 05-Sep-12 12:29:03

If you have requested to join the mumsnet FB page or are going to send such a request....please send a message to one of the admins there and tell us about you, so we can get on with approving your membership of the group.

julienoshoes Sat 22-Sep-12 13:54:01

bump

Am going to attempt a join, been home educating 6 months now. Seem to be still stuck with school anxieties. sad need friends.

julienoshoes Fri 05-Oct-12 16:48:40

bumping because there seems to be an awful lot of new home ed families around

flussymummy Fri 05-Oct-12 18:23:57

Thanks Julie. Have tried to join before with no luck... Not sure what I'm doing wrong!

volley Fri 05-Oct-12 21:43:19

I've asked to join too - pic of me in a sunhat and blue bodywarmer hugging a tall man in a red t-shirt! Thanks

julienoshoes Fri 05-Oct-12 21:58:16

did you send a message to the admins flossy mummy? Or you could pm me here and tell me your name.

BrittaPerry Tue 16-Oct-12 12:51:34

I've sent a request :-D

I'm wearing glasses and posing, and my initials are AD

teacoffeewine Mon 29-Oct-12 23:10:29

I have messaged Admin, can i join please?

englishpigdog Tue 30-Oct-12 19:12:27

I have messaged you on fb.

Onadietcolabreak Wed 31-Oct-12 22:55:46

Hi, I'm very new to the board and HE (although I was for a few years) I hope I can join, Profile photo - me, red hair.

Really hoping to make some contacts with people with similar age HE DCs or if your new to HE like me smile

inkonapin Thu 08-Nov-12 22:22:18

Just requested to join. Profile pic is cartoon of woman breastfeeding while drinking pint of beer. Ahem.

julienoshoes Wed 14-Nov-12 14:51:37

There are a few people still waiting for approval to join the mumsnet FB page....if you have applied to join, I need you to send a message to one of the admins there, or send me a PM here, telling me why you want to join.

tink123 Wed 14-Nov-12 15:09:06

I posted this in wrong thread smile

Hi. I have a dd (10) who has sensory processing disorder and possible ODD. She is thriving at primary school at the moment. DH and I have always considered HE as Plan B if things went downhill. We would love it if secondary school works out but we won't hesitate to deregister her if it doesn't. Do you have to be HE before you can join the FB group?

julienoshoes Thu 22-Nov-12 14:23:42

Sorry for the delay tink123 people interested in finding out about home education for their children, are very welcome to join us, as well as those who are already home educating.

Please send me a pm here or a message to me as a admin there, when you apply, so we know who you are.

There are a number of people who have applied without sending a message.
I have tried to message all those waiting to join but a few of you have privacy settings to high for me to be able to do that-if that applies to you please do message me!

twinklesparkles Mon 03-Dec-12 18:28:09

Can I have the name of the group please to type into my search bar

My phone won't open the link. Its my phones fault .. It just hates everything :D

hamstered Tue 01-Jan-13 01:03:41

I'm there and my pic is my cat!

catbus Thu 07-Feb-13 19:11:08

Just a reminder, can those asking to join please PM one of the admins (myself or Julienoshoes) on FB. There are quite a few new requests and personally I am not on MN very often to check descriptions! smile

Jo1717 Mon 29-Apr-13 16:07:25

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

twinklesparkles Sun 19-May-13 12:20:36

Have requested to join. Initials sa. Couldnt find a mod to pm them though :/

LucyBucy Mon 20-May-13 20:44:16

Hi, I've requested to join - got a playdough picture. I don't know how to PM confused

HerrenaHarridan Thu 30-May-13 21:27:59

Hi I have requested to join and my name is the same smile

julienoshoes Mon 12-Aug-13 09:36:07

Bump
A FB page for mumsnetters interested in HE.

....although I am away at Peak Camp for a few days....but if you send me a private message, I'll approve your membership when I get home

julienoshoes Wed 21-Aug-13 12:53:27

bump

fizzbump Thu 29-Aug-13 13:47:34

Sent a request to join as just about to start HE with my DS2 (7rs). Initials RBS

rosieposey Mon 02-Sep-13 08:25:39

Hello i have sent a request to join - mine is a photo of me, DH and DS2 - I would like to join because i am about to start HE'ing DS1 who is 4.5 and i am really worried about doing it wrong and not knowing anyone ( We moved to Devon a week ago from Wiltshire ) so some support and info would be great smile Initials are SEH.

muchostinky Tue 03-Sep-13 22:38:19

Hi, I have just sent a request to join - my initials are LS and my profile pic is of me looking very windswept with sunglasses on. smile

byanymeans Tue 03-Sep-13 23:13:01

Hi i have put in a request to join. Profile pic is husband and son sood on our classic landy. Initals AW

Conina Wed 04-Sep-13 09:21:12

Hi I'm definitely keen to join.. I have huge wobbles about 'depriving' ds of a traditional schooling experience but am absolutely passionate and inspired about how I could offer something different and possibly of an equal value, iyswim... Initial CS, photo of me n DS looking down.

julienoshoes Tue 17-Sep-13 03:02:17

Bump.....but please send a message to the admin there or me here if you want to join

julienoshoes Tue 17-Sep-13 03:02:18

Bump.....but please send a message to the admin there or me here if you want to join

Salbertina Tue 17-Sep-13 09:50:17

Have PMed you Op as just put in FB request to join. Many thanks!

fayeso Tue 17-Sep-13 10:00:19

Silly question I am sure but how do I go about joining?

Salbertina Tue 17-Sep-13 10:47:46

Click on OP's link, on FB click on join group. Then via MN send a pm to op or the other link poster on here, message just below. I think! Thats what I've done anyway.

julienoshoes Tue 17-Sep-13 11:19:45

I think you've worked that out fayeso as I am pretty sure I have just approved you!

Salbertina Tue 17-Sep-13 11:21:27

Hi julien- realise i PMed OP not you. Not yet been approved?

julienoshoes Tue 17-Sep-13 17:51:03

Salbertina where did you message me?
Can't see it here or FB?
confused

Salbertina Tue 17-Sep-13 18:12:14

I messaged the OP. and clicked to join group on FB. Do i need to IM you too? Thanks

julienoshoes Tue 17-Sep-13 20:45:45

Maybe the OP is not around at the moment.
I haven't seen her on FB for a few days.
IM me, here or there, and I'll get you approved asap

throckenholt Wed 25-Sep-13 18:23:55

I'd like to join too smile

julienoshoes Thu 26-Sep-13 06:43:23

Have you sent a message to the admins there?
Or you could send one to me here.

lougle Mon 30-Sep-13 10:50:36

Hi, I've requested to join the group. Been on MN for 7 years now and considering HE DD2.

lightningstrikes Mon 30-Sep-13 22:06:07

Oh, I requested to join a while ago, but haven't been approved. Didn't realise I needed to request here as well! Pic is of baby son and initials are WC!

julienoshoes Wed 09-Oct-13 10:04:37

If you have applied to join the mumsnet HE FB group, and have not sent a message to the admins there, please do check your 'other' messages on FB, you will have a message from me there.

Please do reply there, so I can approve you...there's a whole bunch of you waiting

julienoshoes Mon 28-Oct-13 17:56:27

bunp for newbies.

On applying please do send a message to the admins.

catbus Sun 17-Nov-13 18:46:46

Bumping- please do msg one of us admins- I keep checking my 'others' folder! There is rather a big queue!

julienoshoes Sat 07-Dec-13 20:44:03

bump for newbies

sedgieloo Tue 24-Dec-13 23:16:02

I have requested, please add me. I don't normally use Facebook but this has forced my hand - so I will be the request with no friends!

MariscallRoad Thu 26-Dec-13 14:58:03

I have asked too please. Pic is a purple tree.

MariscallRoad Sat 28-Dec-13 13:08:44

Thanks smile

julienoshoes Mon 30-Dec-13 19:05:55

Please if you have applied to join this group then the admins to confirm you are a home educator.
There is a list of you waiting to be approved.

julienoshoes Mon 30-Dec-13 19:06:29

*PM the admins that was meant to say!

DaveMccave Fri 03-Jan-14 12:38:51

I have requested to join too, black and white photo with my two girls, one in sling. smile

lieseylou Mon 06-Jan-14 10:33:56

Hi, I've applied to join, we are just starting out with HE with a 4yo and 2yo! I'm not sure how to send admins a PM!
My initials are AM! Thanks :-)

catbus Tue 04-Feb-14 16:12:31

Bump.. Just a reminder to message an admin please upon requesting to join. You can do this by clicking on the members of the group and it will show who the admins are smile

stilllearnin Tue 04-Feb-14 22:15:31

Hi I've asked to join. I know how to pm but I just cannot see it on my phone. My pic is my dp ironing!! My name is my child nickname and tells you that i'm 'allright' too (no real name for work reasons). I have v few friends as I monitor my son's too and by then I'm fb'd out!

ReallyGoodDrawer Wed 05-Feb-14 21:35:01

I've just asked to join! Can't see how to pm on my phone either confused I'll have a look on the proper computer tomorrow! Initials are EM smile

impudentpuppy Thu 13-Feb-14 22:36:27

I've asked to join. My pic is of my DP holding 2 boys in black and white, one boy wearing stars. I can't find mods on my phone either!

julienoshoes Wed 26-Feb-14 15:17:50

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now