Ensuite help (please!) with pictures

(10 Posts)
Ensuitedecisions Sat 19-Nov-16 19:01:31

I've name changed for this - regular
Mumsnet-er etc.

I am terrible at anything design wise. I am turning my spare room and en suite into a space just for me. I had a lady do me a mood board for the bedroom (picture attached). I want to continue similar colours into the en suite but no go over the top.
The shower will be the whole length of the room (it's small) so losing the right hand cupboard. I am thinking metro grey tiles throughout with simple white basin and toilet. It's a small ensuite and wondering if grey throughout will close it down. Any ideas?? Or white tiles with grey furniture? I am rubbish at this and have order it all by Monday at lastest 😁

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 20-Nov-16 08:56:31

If you love the grey metro tiles then use them, you can get glitter to mix with grout now to add a bit of sparkle.

You can use pink towels & pink soap pump etc to add colour. I love the mood board she did for you.

mya83 Sun 20-Nov-16 09:03:06

Love the bedroom design with all those metallics- I want something similar for my bedroom.

The ensuite - I personally wouldn't go for those super small tiles, in my opinion they make a small room look very busy and like there's a lot going on. I prefer the larger tiles (not sure what they are called but they're 2/3 times the size of regular tiles so pretty large.

I don't think grey will be a problem as long as you don't over do it and keep some of the higher parts of the walls painted white.

Exciting though!

Ilovenannyplum Sun 20-Nov-16 09:09:38

Your mood board is exactly what our bedroom will be when it's finished shortly, love those colours smile

I would carry the grey/plum through to the en suite. I like the smaller tiles, although I quite like white with grey grout? Grey tiles might make an already small room appear smaller....

Portobelly Sun 20-Nov-16 09:23:09

How about grey tiles on the widest wall of the shower then white elsewhere- floor and walls. Im not sure I'd use the grey metro tile.
How about something like those in the picture.. Or something else In the grey tones but with some pattern or variation.
I'd be tempted to have a back to wall concealed cistern loo and basin if you have enough width. It's cleaner lined and good for storage.

Ensuitedecisions Sun 20-Nov-16 13:55:43

I'd not thought about taking the plum through. I'll take a look at some different coloured tiles. I found some that are grey with white flecks and going to get some samples. Thanks for the advice.

CoryDunford Sat 26-Nov-16 12:06:18

For the ensuite id go medium sized wall tiles. Have a look at Porcelanosa Shine Platino 33x59. Its a gloss white with a metallic look to it. Then in your shower cubicle have a feature panel of Eternity Mini Strip White. A mixture of stone glass and metal it looks great!

namechangedtoday15 Sat 26-Nov-16 13:35:37

Our ensuite is similar to yours in size. I wouldn't use metro tiles just on the basis of the amount of grout you'd see and therefore have to clean. I also think in a small space a limited number of finishes helps it looking overcrowded so we have the same tiles on the floor as the wall. We also have an inset mirror down the whole of one long wall (stops at the shower) which makes it seem light.

We have white sanitary ware (back to wall toilet with built in cistern) and wall hung vanity unit. The more floor space you can see, the bigger it looks. Also look at frameless shower enclosures (no bulky frame so again looks bigger) and a low profile shower tray - similar height to floor rather than a raised white lump which kind of interrupts the floor.

Mum2KSS Mon 28-Nov-16 11:58:55

We've got grey metro in one bathroom and it looks nice and fresh I think

atticusclaw2 Mon 28-Nov-16 12:03:45

calacatta or carrara marble

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now