Which wallpaper? Pics

(26 Posts)
inmyshoos Wed 16-Nov-16 23:39:20

Thought id decided against Mr Fox but now my samples have arrived and i can see it beside my curtains and cushions, I think i like it best! Please help! I think the other paper (as much as I love it), just looks too busy with the curtains/cushions.

Pinkgeek Wed 16-Nov-16 23:42:45

What room is this for? Will the wallpaper be on every wall?

Deux Wed 16-Nov-16 23:43:33

I think you might get fed up with Mr Fox though. Or should I say, I think I would. Could you maybe get him on a few cushions or something?

Difficult to tell with other wallpaper as it will be on such a big area compared to your curtains/cushions. It looks quite busy up close as per your picture. Not much help I realise.

Fantasticmissfoxy Wed 16-Nov-16 23:50:04

I prefer the first one - the style of it just works better IMO with the tartan while the mr fox one is a bit more 'skandi cool' and would look better with chevron / stripe type fabrics alongside it

wooooofudge Thu 17-Nov-16 08:08:02

I don't think either of them work. I prefer the first one if I had to choose between them.

ohtheholidays Thu 17-Nov-16 08:10:19

I love your materials but not keen on either of the papers but if that was the only choice I'd go for the first one.

SausageSoda Thu 17-Nov-16 08:11:15

Mr Fox doesn't go with the tartan nor does the shade of grey in both the wallpapers.

atticusclaw2 Thu 17-Nov-16 08:11:21

The fox one is only really suitable for a small space like a downstairs loo or a child's room.

The other one is far better.

DurhamDurham Thu 17-Nov-16 08:11:55

I love the first one but the second one looks like it be,ones in a child's room, I love your colour scheme...very smart !

lalaloopyhead Thu 17-Nov-16 08:12:15

I think the first one. I do like the second but it looks a little kids room-ish and also as pp said you may get fed up of it more quickly.

ijustwannadance Thu 17-Nov-16 08:12:28

I like mr fox. Both nice, but to me the pattern on first one is too small. Almost looks like xmas wrapping paper.

atticusclaw2 Thu 17-Nov-16 08:13:09

How about this one [[ www.sanderson-uk.com/shop/wallpaper/vintage-wallpapers/squirrel-and-dove/?code=DVIWSQ101&act=ssocomplet]]e

pinkmagic1 Thu 17-Nov-16 08:14:41

I really like the first one. The fox print one is only really suitable for a child's room in my opinion.

myfriendnigel Thu 17-Nov-16 08:16:47

I love the first one! Where from?

ShimmeringIce Thu 17-Nov-16 08:19:32

I love the fox, totally goes with the tartan imo!

inmyshoos Thu 17-Nov-16 08:37:24

Thanks for opinions folks.
It is for a living room. I don't mind that it looks childlike. I like foxes!
I just feel the other one is too busy against the curtains which is exactly where it would be. One wall, the window wall, other walls are painted a green/grey/beige colour similar to the background of Mr Fox. I know someone who has it in their dining room and i love it.
I like that paper atticus but only the squirel part, i have issues with birds grin
I really thought I was sold on the stag/hare one (it also has lovely little hedgehogs and squirels on it) but just think it looks far too busy and yes as you said ijustwanna looks a bit like wrapping paper!
Will see what else i can find but tbh I am really liking the foxy!!

Mumofazoo Thu 17-Nov-16 16:49:53

Love the first one and it goes perfect with the tartan.

OlennasWimple Thu 17-Nov-16 16:52:45

I like the first one much better, both in itself and with the tartan.

Could you use Mr Fox to run around a downstair loo or similar?

NotYoda Thu 17-Nov-16 16:52:56

I prefer the stag one. It's busier, but the scale of the pattern is completely different to the scale of the tartan, so it works.

NotYoda Thu 17-Nov-16 16:54:37

Which is the curtains?

Because the colour tones are so similar, I don't think it causes any problems alongside the beige/grey tartan

OlennasWimple Thu 17-Nov-16 16:58:20

I also like pears and trees

Paisley

Leaves and butterflies

Town

AllTheBabies Thu 17-Nov-16 17:00:02

Number one. I love foxes but I think number 2 looks like something for a nursery.

NotYoda Thu 17-Nov-16 17:01:35

Olennas

I think Pears and Trees, and Paisley are both great

TinaBacon Thu 17-Nov-16 17:03:55

For me the cool grey tones of the fabric on the left go with both wallpapers, but none of the three go with the orangey red warm tones of the fabric on the right.

Qwebec Thu 17-Nov-16 17:15:01

trees and pears in grey/white/silver is stunning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now