Foggy windows

(3 Posts)
RalphXhoff Mon 07-Nov-16 09:16:16

The windows in my bedroom is of insulating glass and I can find them getting foggy day by day. I tried glass cleaners but nothing seems to work. I can’t see through the window clearly and neither does the sunlight penetrate indoors. What really can be the solution? Will I have to go for a window replacement [ canglow.ca/window-replacement-edmonton/ ] or can I fix this with a help of a pro..? Suggestions required.

Optimist1 Mon 07-Nov-16 10:40:07

If the fogginess is moisture inbetween the two panes of double glazing then you can get the panes (not the entire windows!) replaced. A lovely MNer suggested a company called Cloudy2Clear that they had used and I've had them replace two panes for me. I was very pleased with the work. Local companies also offer a replacement service, possibly at lower cost, but I was pleased to have a) a recommendation and b) a larger company . HTH

wooooofudge Mon 07-Nov-16 22:01:22

A local glazier will be able to replace the double glazed units for you. They'll need to measure up for size and the depth of the gap between the two panes of glass. If you have upvc double glazing, replacing the units takes minutes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now