Small room vs corner sofa

(4 Posts)
McKTastic Mon 31-Oct-16 10:00:07

Would like to do our wee tv snug up for Christmas (this is the only place we watch tv) Room is a rectangle - as you walk in door the room goes to the left with window full length of the short side & opposite end to door.

We are a family of four at the moment - I quite like corner sofas/mid century stuff & have looked at the IKEA Norsborg corner sofa. If we bought the 2+2 it would fit to the left of the door & under the window but pretty much fill both walls. Would this be weird or best way to maximise seating in a small room? (I've a feeling I need to comeback later with measurements/a sketch of room!)

slinkysaluki Mon 31-Oct-16 16:01:44

We have quite a small lounge with a wood burner, I liked the Ektorp chaise sofa but it was too big for our room. We went for two 2 seat Ektorp sofas with the footstool which can be used as a chaise. We got it in the Nordvalla grey and I'm very impressed with it so far. I also liked the Kivik sofas but they are too deep for our room and take up too much room. We had a proper measure up before we made our decision. A good tip is to mark out on your floor with chalk or string the footprint if the furniture so you can see how it fits in the room.

McKTastic Mon 31-Oct-16 21:18:34

Thanks Slinky - I def need to mark out/draw a plan. I quite like the idea of painting it dark, corner sofa to the max then small unit/tv on wall & possibly some high up shelving. There won't be a lot of room but it'd be set up well for lounging! Annoys me they don't make a footstool for the Norsborg range!

PeachMelba78 Mon 07-Nov-16 16:35:01

We used two Karlstad sofas and some metal hinges to attach the 2 together to make a smaller corner sofa. There is a guide here which I used -

www.ikeahackers.net/2012/08/baby-karlstad-corner-sofa.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now