Help needed to find a contrasting mix'n'match sofa

(7 Posts)
Thisismynewname123 Mon 24-Oct-16 16:52:08

I've never posted on here before, so I hope it's the right place for some design advice!
We have a lightish grey fabric corner sofa in an open plan room. I'm looking for an armchair and footstool that contrast with the sofa, without looking out of place. The sofa that's staying has chrome feet, so that's been my starting point in finding something that doesn't look funny together. I have no eye for design at all, so I'm scared of making a bad decision. Should we get fabric/velvet or leather? DH not keen on leather, but I'm not sure if we do contrasting, if it should be properly contrasting. Should we get a dark grey to contrast with the light grey, or a different colour altogether (eg, considering dark blue)? At the moment, there are no other colours that we need to bear in mind in the room. I just need some advice, and if anyone happens to have seen anything that they think looks good

Afishcalledchips Mon 24-Oct-16 17:01:13

How about tartan with gray in it/mostly gray?

Afishcalledchips Mon 24-Oct-16 17:03:04

This is nice maybe you could change the feet

FairyAnn Tue 25-Oct-16 09:22:03

If I had the room, I would get this armchair in a heartbeat.

It would definitely be a contrast! And I wouldn't worry about the feet matching. If you're looking for contrast, go all the way smile

PerditaNitt Tue 25-Oct-16 09:27:18

I also have a grey sofa, and I contrasted it with the yellow Kubrick armchair from made.com. I always get lots of compliments on it because of the colour (it is more of a gold-yellow rather than bright yellow). If bright colours are not your thing, then I would go for navy

OllyBJolly Tue 25-Oct-16 21:49:38

If you are anywhere near Kingston, or even if you're not Seriously Sofas is worth a trip. No link to company, just had superb service. I ordered a snuggler chair, www.seriouslysofas.co.uk/range/chairs and returned to buy a matching sofa. Chose my own fabrics - just love it.

JoJoSM2 Wed 26-Oct-16 13:10:07

It sounds like a pretty modern space. I think velvet sounds cool but I wouldn't go black. I'd probably stick to a more neutral scheme or add some add a bit of colour/pattern.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now