Good (and reasonable!) sofa bed / day bed recommendations please

(7 Posts)
LizardBreath Thu 06-Oct-16 10:42:30

We have a spare bedroom with a double bed in and another spare room with an Argos small sofa bed in that over the years has become a bit grubby. I always feel that people in the 'other' spare room draw the short straw so to speak and want to make it nicer for guests.

Does anyone have a double day bed? Keep hovering over ordering one but not sure how they would work as a double? Is it a trundle too basically?

Also may just end up with another Argos <£300 sofa bed... want the room to look nice but is also used as guitar playing room where no guests so need space not to be taken up by bed all the time.

NigelMolesworth Thu 06-Oct-16 10:52:27

We have the same issue in that there isn't room in the spare room for the bed to be up all the time. We bought this one from IKEA http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/sofas-armchairs/sofa-beds-chair-beds/lycksele-murbo-two-seat-sofa-bed-vallarum-grey-spr-89149941/

It's comfy to sit on and guests have assured me its v nice to sleep in.

NigelMolesworth Thu 06-Oct-16 10:55:45

As I googled the IKEA one, this popped up http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/sofas-armchairs/sofa-beds-chair-beds/lycksele-murbo-two-seat-sofa-bed-vallarum-grey-spr-89149941/

Looks possible?

LizardBreath Thu 06-Oct-16 14:27:15

I love you nigel that looks right up our street. Really wanted one to make up as bed in advance also and it look like a bed! Were you able to fit in car, or did you get delivered?

NigelMolesworth Thu 06-Oct-16 14:50:43

blush grin glad to be of use.

I think we had it delivered because we had other storage stuff coming at the same time. It came in two parts - the mattress was rolled up like a sausage and the frame came in a box. To be honest, I can't remember what size the box was. I'll ask DH later if he can remember and let you know.

The second link by the way was supposed to be to this one from Asda direct.asda.com/george-home-wrap-sofa-bed-in-various-colours/001785044,default,pd.html not just the same bed twice! Sorry blush

Shiftymake Thu 06-Oct-16 14:54:04

www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/beds/guest-beds-day-beds/hemnes-day-bed-frame-with-3-drawers-white-art-50080315/ is my favorite and is makes into a double when needed.

LizardBreath Thu 06-Oct-16 15:12:28

Ah thanks shifty That is lovely. I'd discounted a day bed as they all looked a bit uneven for a double, that looks lovely though. The storage appeals!

For some reason I hadn't thought to check ikea blush

Have looked at the Asda one nigel and liked it, but I think it's quite small. It also doesn't tell you the length of it.

Not been to IKEA for ages, so excited now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now