Patterned carpet in main bedroom?

(10 Posts)
NightNightBadger19962 Sun 25-Sep-16 09:37:41

I really like this carpet - at the moment - one of the colours goes well with planned colour scheme and it is one of the few carpets I can get interested in within our price range. Walls, curtains etc will be fairly plain. I really want to see it in a room before I decide but there's no pics I can find. What do you think? Should I keep it plain and boring?

www.onlinecarpets.co.uk/rose-castle-wilton-carpet.html

Oliversmumsarmy Sun 25-Sep-16 09:46:17

Keep it plain.

NapQueen Sun 25-Sep-16 09:47:31

The only pattern I think belongs on a carpet is tartan and even then in a very muted colour and in the hallway only.

Room carpets should just be plain.

NapQueen Sun 25-Sep-16 09:48:06

Could you get a smaller size and have it made into a rug?

tigerdriverII Sun 25-Sep-16 09:49:08

Plain all the way, that is queasy inducing!

I'd have a rug to introduce some pattern

CurlyhairedAssassin Sun 25-Sep-16 09:51:23

The problem is that patterns are a trend, carpets are expensive, and unless you don't mind a very old-fashioned looking carpet in 10 years, you'd have to plan your finances so that you could replace it.

As has been said: plain carpet, patterned accessories.

daisiesinherfootsteps Sun 25-Sep-16 09:55:03

Agree with napqueen muted tartan in halls is lovely, the rest plain.

Tubbyinthehottub Sun 25-Sep-16 10:05:10

I like tartan too or other pattern for stairs and possibly lounge if everything else is quite plain. I wouldn't rule it out though for a bedroom if you've found something you love.

Oliversmumsarmy Sun 25-Sep-16 10:10:24

Buy a cheaper plain carpet but invest in good underlay.

Pattern carpet is great in an empty room. Once you start adding furniture in it just looks busy. Also if you come to sell the house it will devalue it as potential buyers will be factoring in having to replace it

NightNightBadger19962 Sun 25-Sep-16 11:33:54

😕 oh OK I think that was what I was starting to think. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now