Autumn home decor ideas please!

(2 Posts)
Mamushka Tue 20-Sep-16 15:40:24

This year I am going Autumn mad. I think it was because this year I just didn't enjoy the warm summer weather and I have become one of those people that prefers a long cold Autumn walk with a thermos over a sticky day at the beach attacking my toddler with suncream...

So far I've already got a couple of cute munchkin pumpkins adorning my windowsills, and a failed attempt at an papier mache leaf bowl I saw on Pinterest...

A lot of the ideas on Pinterest for Autumn decor are very American... i.e. blackboards saying "Happy Fall y'all", Thanksgiving themed stuff, and MASSIVE front porches festooned with pumpkins and wreaths.

I'm hoping you might be able so suggest some Autumn home decor ideas (can involve some DIY/craft if necessary) that are more suitable for a British household!

So far I'm eyeing up an orange tartan blanket on Amazon but not sure if I can justify the purchase yet.

DesertIslandPenguin Thu 22-Sep-16 10:38:44

I don't think wreaths are that American any more! I've made seasonal wreaths for my front door for the last couple of years. There's a lovely autumn leaf wreath and I'm crocheting an autumn garland for my mantelpiece.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now