Cheap kitchen update ideas

(2 Posts)
Strawberryshortcake40 Thu 15-Sep-16 22:04:24

Had big plans for a fabulous kitchen here after moving in a few months ago, but at the rate everything else is costing it seems I need to try and work with what I have. Oak shaker units that are okay, painting them would be too much work/cost. Currently the work tops are speckled black/grey/rust. I don't really like them (would rather plain black if budget allowed) but think they will have to stay. Tiles are awful - sparkly silver and red, they have to go. Am planning light cream subway type (or just plain square). But then what colour walls? Do I have to work with the rust colour? Had planned on either pale blue or mauve but can't see either would go?

Or do I bite the bullet and get new work tops? If so where is cheap??

Thelovecats Fri 16-Sep-16 21:21:55

I would get new work tops if you could, because if you're retiling now, it makes it harder to change worktop later.
I have to say though, that oak cupboards, black worktop and cream tiles wouldn't go with blue or mauve walls either, in my opinion. what about heading for a sage green colour instead?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now