Children cabin bed - any recommendations ?

(7 Posts)
Excusemyfrench Mon 12-Sep-16 21:00:19

Im looking for a nice cabin/ mid sleeper bed for my 6 year old.
I like the little trading company. Could anyone recommend something similar?

Thank you!

SnowInLove Mon 12-Sep-16 21:01:11

Stompa make cabin beds and are supposed to be good.

Excusemyfrench Mon 12-Sep-16 21:24:47

Thank you will look at it now! Also discovered cuckooland.com thats really cool! X

MrEBear Sun 18-Sep-16 23:07:41

I am looking for a midsleeper. Most companies who do them seem to do the lower cabin beds and the much higher highsleeper.

I'm finding it frustrating that so few are able to be seen in the flesh. Was looking at Stompa today and I have been looking at Verona and Scallywags on line.

Linpinfinwin Sat 24-Sep-16 16:21:09

We bought ours from Rainbow Wood South in Farnham. They have most of the big brands I think. We spent a couple of hours in there and the kids had a blast trying them all out. They have an option to have the bed assembled by their chap, which we might choose next time as it took DH a while! They can't compete on price with a basic argos mdf job, but ours (Thuka) is one of their cheaper ones and is rock solid even with 2 adults and a child on it.

bloomburger Sat 24-Sep-16 16:23:21

Stompa are really great. We got ours from Rainbow Wood and wouldn't recommend them. If we were buying again I'd buy from John Lewis.

moonbells Sat 24-Sep-16 16:43:44

We got ours from MrsFlatpack and got the Rutland high sleeper. It has a wardrobe, a desk, bookshelves and a huge drawer, which doubles up for the base of a second bed lego parking ground for sleepovers. It's also full size single mattress and can take an adult's weight. Or an overweight adult blush.
The only hard part was putting it together - took two of us a weekend, and we're not spatially challenged either. I ended up labelling each piece to save hassle. The company has loads of different beds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now