vinyl in the bedroom?

(10 Posts)
ggirl Mon 22-Aug-16 15:54:20

I would like a hard floor in the bedroom to reduce allergens .
Thinking of karndean or similar , has anyone got it in an upstairs bedroom.
I think we'd have to lay ply down as floor has some uneven bits.

Other option is a good quality laminate .

wowfudge Mon 22-Aug-16 21:11:15

We have it in an upstairs room. Works well.

Tibby2016 Mon 22-Aug-16 21:59:52

I own a carpet shop and often fit vinyl flooring whether it be sheet vinyl or lvt/karndean to bedrooms. You must make sure the floor is boarded first or very level as it would eventually show through! It looks fab when it's done grin

RockinHippy Mon 22-Aug-16 22:16:28

We have vinyl flooring in teen DDs bedroom & the spare room where she often sleeps - we got it for allergen reasons too, but have realised that with make up, hair dye & arts & crafts stuff frequently thrown all over it, its definitely the best choice - it looks great too smile

ggirl Mon 22-Aug-16 22:28:04

oh great news thank you
is there a reason to choose vinyl over a good laminate?

RockinHippy Tue 23-Aug-16 03:34:34

Not sure really, we chose it because it was a bit softer underfoot & the pattern & colours in it went really well with the wallpaper & furniture in the rooms

wowfudge Tue 23-Aug-16 07:16:58

I hate laminate and it can be noisy, especially in rooms below.

ggirl Tue 23-Aug-16 22:58:56

yeh noise is a good point

did any of you have to lay plywood over the floorboards prior to laying the vinyl?

wowfudge Tue 23-Aug-16 23:03:23

You have to have a smooth, level surface for LVT and to stop the impression of the floorboards showing through sheet vinyl.

RockinHippy Wed 24-Aug-16 00:42:03

As above, you do need to have the floor level first, it looks better & means it last much longer. Ours was done with sheets of board, which I think s fairly standard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now