Internal door recommendations - oak?

(7 Posts)
Itchypaws Wed 10-Aug-16 22:12:59

Hi
I'm looking at Howdens but have been told the quality and customer service isn't always quite on point.
Can I have your recommendations for good quality mid range doors please

123rd Thu 11-Aug-16 00:01:42

I know it wouldn't be the first place to think of but we got our doors from Magnet-the kitchen place ! We have had soooo many compliments about them. And cheaper than others we had source. Also, the panelled edges are beveled so nicer finish

NorthWind Thu 11-Aug-16 07:41:18

I got Howdens Dordogne for all my internal doors. Contrary to their instructions I did not paint them and just finished them in oil. They look amazing, have lasted very well (2 years so far) and were a fraction of the price of solid "laid up" doors. But that is not to say they feel lightweight - they have good heft as well.

DoubleCarrick Thu 11-Aug-16 07:52:13

We orders ours from a website called.builder depot. Really impressed with them. The only hitch is you have to order handles /hinges separately but iron mongery direct are a good.site

jerryfudd Thu 11-Aug-16 08:02:26

Magnet here too, our kitchen fitter got them trade for us. Love them

123rd Thu 11-Aug-16 16:07:59

We got our handles from ironmongery direct too. Excellent prices/quality

HeirOfNothingInParticular Fri 12-Aug-16 12:38:01

I got mine from these www.savoytimber.com/doors/internal.html
I got the Mexicano pre-finished and everyone who sees them says how nice they are. They have an offer on at the moment. I got the handles from Toolstation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now