Help with kitchen colour

(5 Posts)
Bluewednesday Sun 07-Aug-16 09:20:27

I would appreciate some help with choosing kitchen colour scheme please. We have pretty much decided on the champagne colour from diy kitchens. We recently visited homebase and loved this Odina xeno champagne kitchen. So I was thinking of recreating it. We would choose walnut cabinets colour and then wood laminate worktop. Now, rest of my house has loads of light oak (oak doors, floors, table, tv stand). Kitchen is open plan. It's not going to look good, is it?Completely two different colours of wood. Do you think, if we chose light oak instead,would it suit with champagne colour? Or what else would you suggest?

CodyKing Sun 07-Aug-16 09:22:45

Yea it wood would look fab !!

I've ha flight oak and champagne before and would change my existing worktop a when time allows

Champagne goes with anything

Bluewednesday Sun 07-Aug-16 09:43:35

We can't have real wood (can't deal with the maintenance part!) so will have to get laminate. The problem is they all look pretty artificial as they mostly have 6mm profile. Or another option is this 'desert sand' from duropal. It's laminate but apparently resembles real stone. But not sure if it would look good with light oak cabinets and champagne doors. So many options! I need help

CodyKing Sun 07-Aug-16 09:51:15

I'd agree laminate is better as real wood a pain.

The middle looks warmer

Can you get samples? Put the work too next to the wood on the kitchen or around your home?

mw40784 Mon 08-Aug-16 12:14:16

Ya, light wood color looks beautiful.
I think oak wood is pure furniture color.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now