Best 100% linen bedding?

(18 Posts)
upthegardenpath Thu 04-Aug-16 19:45:03

I've searched high and low and am still none the wiser.
Getting a new bed soon which is super king (very tall OH who hogs current bed and I've had enough!)
Loaf seem to have some good basic linen sets, but so expensive (£255 for a super king bundle - jesus christ).
They look and feel good quality though.
John Lewis' have shit reviews - too baggy, buttons wrong etc.
I've seen that Zara and H&M do some as well - has anyone tried them? Don't mind spending a bit more, if quality is good and they last, but £500 for 2 sets of bedding makes me feel ill.

bilbodog Thu 04-Aug-16 22:20:29

A good friend swears by the h & m linen but i havent tried it myself. I do trust her judgement though and have every intention of getting some when i need to buy new bedding. Its a good price too.

NancyJoan Thu 04-Aug-16 22:21:34

IKEA do some, I think.

ggirl Fri 05-Aug-16 21:00:26

La redoute have good reviews on their linen bedlinen ..not sure if they have suppressing though

We are buying a superking bed but having seperate duvets ..we have two singles on our current kingsize bed cos dh steals the duvet ..it has saved our marriage

ggirl Fri 05-Aug-16 21:00:49

suppressing =superking

Need2looseastoneor2 Tue 09-Aug-16 04:24:45

Soak and sleep have 20% off at the mo. I have their linen bedding and am happy with it.

MsRinky Tue 09-Aug-16 22:26:55

I'm very happy with my La Redoute linen. They have 30% off codes every few weeks, so worth waiting for one to come up.

NomDePrune Tue 09-Aug-16 22:39:22

Do you mean 100% cotton bed linen?
I've always wanted to try one village for organic cotton in plain white - it's ethics and very reasonably priced. Atrocious website though. http://onevillage.com/

SparkyToo Sun 14-Aug-16 17:30:32

I'd go for linen union (50/50 linen/cotton) bedlinen as it's more reasonably priced and just feels softer than 100% linen. I remember Graham Norton saying how much he liked sleeping in 100% linen, even if it was "like sleeping in sandpaper!" To be fair, it does get softer and softer with washing.

Even if you go for 100% linen duvet cover and pillowcases, it's definitely worth sleeping on a linen union fitted sheet, available here, as they're just more comfy to lie on.

LanaorAna1 Sun 14-Aug-16 17:32:02

HM is outrageously good value and looks and washes like the pricy stuff. Failing that, LinenWorks.

fairislecable Fri 19-Aug-16 21:03:50

I have used King of Cotton (online shop) the quality is amazing very high thread counts etc .

Fantastic ranges and wonderful density of threads.

I buy lots of stuff from John Lewis but for bed linen it is very expensive for poor quality so step away.

ggirl Sun 21-Aug-16 18:04:53

La redoute have 30% everything atm
I got a couple of linen duvet covers ..ridiculously cheap

ThomasFrance Mon 22-Aug-16 12:57:01

Thank you "fairislecable",

I ordered on www.kingofcotton.fr/ and I love the quality ! I took the New York sheets and I fell like sleeping in a luxury hotel every night ;-)

upthegardenpath Sun 23-Oct-16 23:20:53

Argh missed all the posts, as was offline a while...
Ended up getting Soak and Sleep 100% linen with big discount online.
They are amazing quality and very heavy.
Only downside is they have ties instead of poppers/buttons, which is a bit of a faff.

Quodlibet Sun 23-Oct-16 23:23:12

I have a Zara linen fitted sheet and the quality is totally crap. Thin linen, baggy and the stitching has come undone on one corner.

upthegardenpath Sun 23-Oct-16 23:24:37

True - Zara linen is crap, agreed.
My bedspread is Zara and it's really good quality (surprisingly).

GrimDamnFanjo Sun 23-Oct-16 23:54:25

I have Soak and Sleep linen - good quality.

plimsolls Mon 24-Oct-16 00:02:49

I've got the pale grey H&M set. I've had it for about four years and I adore it. It cost £50. Its as nice, if not better, than the day I bought it. I can't really imagine a much more expensive set being worth it (I expect it could be a bit nicer, but not hundreds of pounds nicer).

I even have the matching dressing gown blush

The only thing is I think the duvet cover is a bit larger than it should be and the press studs are slightly strangely attached. I don't know if that's part of the "artfully rumpled" look of linen or if it's a mistake. I did wonder if it was so comparatively cheap was because it was a run of factory seconds. However, I don't think this would apply to the sets in the shops now as they've been selling them for years. I don't know if a more recent buyer can confirm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now