Light grey paint

(75 Posts)
trinity0097 Tue 02-Aug-16 20:23:14

So I want a light grey paint, one that is actually grey based not a light beige/cream/blue. Kind of half-way between Dulux chic shadow and white - does something like that exist?!

3boys3dogshelp Tue 02-Aug-16 20:25:05

Dulux polished pebble 😀

Lemond1fficult Tue 02-Aug-16 20:26:56

Chic Shadow is actually quite lilac, depending on the colour of the light in your house (I know this because i painted my hall in it, and it has completely sucked the light out).

So me and Dp mixed one part Dulux Cool Slate with two parts white emulsion and it was perfect. You could try it 3-1 if you want it very light.

trinity0097 Tue 02-Aug-16 20:27:14

Something a bit lighter than polished pebble I think!

Whitecovers Tue 02-Aug-16 20:28:49

I've just used a beautiful very light grey in the kids room. It's valspar and I think it was called Shetland sweater.?

orangebird69 Tue 02-Aug-16 20:30:42

F&B Great White or Skylight?

3amEternal Tue 02-Aug-16 20:32:30

Dulux white mist is a nice pale grey- paler than polished pebble. Has a warmth which suits our north facing room.

Zeusette Tue 02-Aug-16 22:13:03

Dulux just walnut pic attached

salsamad Tue 02-Aug-16 22:28:50

We have just painted our spare room in Duluxs Timeless Classic Flat Matt. The main wall has been painted in Pressed Thistle (pale grey/Heather colour) and the other three walls are in a grey/fawn shade called Thimble Case.
There are two other grey shades in the Classics - Engraved Locket (darker) and Porcelain Doll (lighter). The paint gives a really lovely finish.

3boys3dogshelp Tue 02-Aug-16 22:29:20

Ah ok, we just used polished pebble in our hallway/stairs/landing and it is very light (but definitely grey not white iyswim)

FuturesAChanging Tue 02-Aug-16 22:39:52

Also looking for the same thing, Dublin polished pebble looks too dark. Trying to find something that doesn't suck the light out the room like a previous poster mentioned

OutOfTime Tue 02-Aug-16 22:56:00

Chic shadow looks almost blue in our hall. Definitely not lilac! Just shows how different paint looks in different rooms.

Chris1234567890 Tue 02-Aug-16 23:24:10

After loads of tester pots, we ended up with Farrow and Balls Cornforth White. (Its not white, its a true light grey). Fabulous colour, love it and no hints of any other tones. Looks fab against the fresh white skirting boards, oak mantlepiece and black framed prints. Highly recommend it.

Polished pebble. You can't get much lighter!!!

creamoftomato Tue 02-Aug-16 23:30:54

Another vote for Dulux Just Walnut. Sounds like it will be horrible and beige, in reality is always lovely classy pale grey, really clean and light and generally lush (recently did living room feel like I've got a new house!)

See, I've tried Just Walnut before and it's in my dads living room too. It is a murky mauve tinted beige there and was when I tried it too

chattygranny Tue 02-Aug-16 23:40:39

Little Greene Paint French Grey (I think it's French Grey mid) they do several options) it's light but definitely grey. LG is more expensive than Dulux but our decorator says it's the best coating paint he's ever used so you need less so it balances out.

NotJimbo Tue 02-Aug-16 23:44:09

Farrow and Ball Ammonite is a paler version of Cornforth White mentioned upthread, I've just done a room in it and love it, it's a very pale grey. The whole rest of my house is done in various shades Dulux as I like the consistency and coverage of Dulux when painting, but the F&B Ammonite is my favourite colour.

Dfg15 Tue 02-Aug-16 23:46:08

I've got Chic Shadow in my bedroom and its looks pale grey not blue or lilac at all -I love it. And it touches up really well

ExasperatedAlmostAlways Tue 02-Aug-16 23:46:49

We got lleyland (in the trade shop) pixie dust. however my do is a decorated he said mix the two you want so,etching of the middle of together.

ExasperatedAlmostAlways Tue 02-Aug-16 23:47:22

*dh is a decorater

Mycraneisfixed Tue 02-Aug-16 23:50:14

Try testers first! I liked the F&B paint my DD used for her whole house after it'd been enlarged. Looked a completely different colour in my house! Horribleconfused Ended up repainting it. White!

chattygranny Wed 03-Aug-16 00:28:33

Always buy a tester abd try it out in the space. Amazing how different colours look in each place.

Fuzzywuzzywasabear Wed 03-Aug-16 00:31:13

We've just painted one of our rooms in Valspar Harp strings is a really lovely cool pale gray colour.

Mumble29 Wed 03-Aug-16 00:31:45

I have polished pebble in my living room, it is definitely not dark, just a very light grey. It's lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now