Hemnes day bed - can someone please confirm what mattress size fits?

(8 Posts)
NuzzleandScratch Tue 02-Aug-16 19:49:12

Does anyone have one of these, and would you mind confirming what size mattress you have for it please? Planning on getting this for dd2, who has just turned 4. I would rather get a 'proper' mattress, rather than just a foam IKEA one. I'm not bothered about using it as a double bed, so I don't need to stack or store a second mattress.

On the IKEA website, it says the mattress size for the bed is 80x200. But then all their actual mattresses are listed as 90x190! I would prefer to get either a sprung mattress from IKEA, or ideally a normal mattress from somewhere like John Lewis, but I'm confused as to what will fit.

Can anyone help?

tkband3 Tue 02-Aug-16 19:57:13

We've just bought one of these for DD1, for her 13th birthday. The Ikea sprung mattresses don't fit it unfortunately - you have to get one of the foam ones. I don't think you'll find a mattress from anywhere else to fit it either. We tried DD's old mattress on the bed, but while the length was fine, it was too wide.

blueistheonlycolourwefeel Tue 02-Aug-16 20:01:38

Look on eBay. You can get them made to measure I think.

NuzzleandScratch Tue 02-Aug-16 20:01:54

Thanks TKBand. That's annoying. So which foam mattress did you get from Ikea?

NuzzleandScratch Tue 02-Aug-16 20:04:13

Thanks blueis. That sounds expensive, but will take a look! John Lewis do a 'small single', which is 190x75. Would that be ok, or would there be too big a gap around the edges?

Motherfuckers Tue 02-Aug-16 20:24:53

I just used a normal single mattress on mine, but mine was bought in the US, so maybe a different size?

blueistheonlycolourwefeel Wed 03-Aug-16 19:37:39

I've got this bed and use s standard single. It's slightly wider so you have to have the bed pulled out slightly and there is a bit of a gap at the end.

yumscrumfatbum Wed 03-Aug-16 19:41:45

We have a normal single on ours. There is a gap at the end DD stuffs some of her teddies in it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now