What do you have above your free standing cooker?

(12 Posts)
DontOpenDeadInside Sat 23-Jul-16 21:25:35

Just painted my kitchen a lovely lime green. Not to taste I know but I love it. Was going to have teal accessories but stuck what to put in the space above the cooker. Shelves etc are no good as I'm a short arse and can't reach so something decorative, that can stand the heat. I'll attach a pic if I can on next reply.

DontOpenDeadInside Sat 23-Jul-16 21:26:58

Not the best pic, but you'll get an idea of the space.

NickNacks Sat 23-Jul-16 21:27:57

I have a cooker hood confused

Out2pasture Sat 23-Jul-16 21:29:34

Hood vent required by law where I live.

DontOpenDeadInside Sat 23-Jul-16 21:35:30

Even for free standing ones? I'm in housing association house and never heard of it being required by law.

DontOpenDeadInside Sat 23-Jul-16 21:38:47

We have an extractor fan on other wall. I hardly know anyone with a cooker hood (unless it's a fitted cooker/hob)

ohidoliketobe Sat 23-Jul-16 21:40:49

Splashback of subway tiles and then a cooker hood.
I can't think of any one who doesn't have a cooker hood!

NickNacks Sat 23-Jul-16 21:48:38

Yes my confused face was that i dont know anyone without a cooker hood.

I also live in a HA house.

Out2pasture Sat 23-Jul-16 22:20:15

yup it's required by law here in Canada AND it has to be powerful enough to hold a piece of paper stuck to it when full on.

SweetPea79 Sat 23-Jul-16 22:31:12

Cooker hood/extractor fan, I've only lived in one place without one and that was a cheap basement flat I used to rent when I first left home. In fact that's about the only place I can ever think of there not being one!

wowfudge Sun 24-Jul-16 09:21:22

Other than a cooker hood, I wouldn't put anything above it as it will just get greasy from the hob.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 24-Jul-16 09:31:34

We have tiled walls and a cooker hood. what else had you got in mind?confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now