Colour scheme ideas for lounge

(16 Posts)
WhatILoved Sun 17-Jul-16 17:39:22

Hi not long moved in and haven't attacked my little south facing lounge yet. The main focus point of room is the fireplace. I don't have sofas etc yet so open to all sorts of ideas. I am not massively keen on the pinky peach colour right now and would prefer to keep the pine as is rather than paint. The light fixture will be going. It's a Victorian terrace. The hall that room leads in to is tiled (henley cool tile) with sage walls. Just up for inspiration really
Thanks

OlennasWimple Mon 18-Jul-16 04:07:25

What colours are in the tiles? I'd try to pick one of those out

(Love Henley Cool tiles, btw smile)

WhatILoved Mon 18-Jul-16 06:23:35

Thanks Olenas
There is the pink in the tile and also a greeny, bluey grey X

OlennasWimple Mon 18-Jul-16 06:24:24

Greeny bluey grey sounds nice? Not too cold in a south facing room either

Mcchickenbb41 Fri 22-Jul-16 21:47:36

What a lovely room to decorate. I would get as many paint samples as possible and paint them in diff parts of the room. I can usually rule out colours very quickly

Mcchickenbb41 Fri 22-Jul-16 21:48:43

Agree on greeny bluey grey. My favourite colours ATM

Mcchickenbb41 Fri 22-Jul-16 21:50:33

Sorry last thought. Google Victorian colour schemes X

WhatILoved Sat 23-Jul-16 17:05:27

Good idea thanks

pinkfoxes Sun 24-Jul-16 21:14:23

Wow, I have almost the exact same fireplace and Henley cool tiles in the hall leading off! We have Craig & Rose Morris Blue.

SwedishEdith Sun 24-Jul-16 21:26:32

I'd look at colours in this range, I think, OP
www.littlegreene.com/paint/colour/blue-paint?limit=all

Henley cool tiles people - how do you keep them really clean?

pinkfoxes Mon 25-Jul-16 00:11:24

I Hoover and steam clean mine.

SwedishEdith Mon 25-Jul-16 11:15:21

Is the white still really white, pinkfoxes? Did you seal them after you laid them? Ours always look grubby. sad

pinkfoxes Mon 25-Jul-16 13:49:27

Yes still really white and no seal. Have you tried steaming them?

SwedishEdith Mon 25-Jul-16 20:01:48

Did have a steamer but I broke it it broke. Bit disappointed tbh as I love the look. Thanks anyway.

KellySmith Wed 27-Jul-16 09:33:20

I think light colors are more appropriate for the lounge. Dark colors make a room feel smaller and light-colored walls do the opposite. Colors play important role in interior design. When I moved into a new house I found one of the best interior design companies in uae www.antonovich-design.ae/. They helped me to choose the right colors and decorate every single room in my house. The final result is amazing.

Chewbecca Wed 27-Jul-16 17:02:57

If you fancy going dark, I'm a bit in love with F&B's stiff key blue at the moment & that might work well with your hall tiles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now