Dulux Timeless and many questions

(11 Posts)
straighttalker Thu 14-Jul-16 21:19:36

Hello -

I'm thinking of Dulux Timeless for a large north-west facing room. I was originally considering LG Linnet but think it mightn't suit the sage kitchen cupboards and black kitchentop...

Just wondered if anyone who had it thought that it looked cold/clinical in limited light?
Also, if you have it, did you do both walls and ceilings in it? Are your skirting boards white as well?

Finally, would it suit as a ceiling colour alone - e.g. Johnstone's trade matched F&B Vert de Terre in Hall with Dulux Timeless on ceiling?

Thanks for help in advance!

katemiddletonsnudeheels Thu 14-Jul-16 21:20:29

Mine looks nice (in my very humble opinion!)

The light is a bit dim now, but would you like me to take a photo tomorrow so that you can see properly what it looks like?

needanewjob Thu 14-Jul-16 21:22:30

We have Timeless in our house and it's a lovely soft white. Vanilla White or Jasmine White are nice too if you want something a touch warmer.

straighttalker Thu 14-Jul-16 22:58:03

That would be lovely katemiddleton - thanks!

I'll have a look at Vanilla White and Jasmine White as well needanewjob.

krisskross Thu 14-Jul-16 23:10:48

We have timeless in North facing kitchen. It's great, warm but not yellow or cream.

suze28 Thu 14-Jul-16 23:14:41

We have Timeless in our hall, stairs and landing and three of our bedrooms so far. It's a lovely warm white. We've got white ceilings and white skirting boards. DH was a bit sceptical initially as his concern was it was too white however it isn't and he really likes it too.

Badders123 Fri 15-Jul-16 18:18:01

It's lovely
I'd love it on my hall, landing and stairs but it's too pale and my DC will ruin it in no time sad

HarlettOScara Fri 15-Jul-16 18:31:17

I had it in my old house in a north facing living room and it was the only white I could find that worked. I loved it so much that's I now have it throughout my new house. Just one more room to do and the hall. It just works in all lighting conditions.

ChablisTyrant Sun 17-Jul-16 00:01:03

We have it all over the house. I'd say that in our dark hall is just looks very white. Sometimes I think about trying a softer colour there. Whereas in the south-west facing sunny rooms it looks lovely and warm.

fairycakecentral Tue 19-Jul-16 07:29:45

We have it in our north-west kitchen. Lovely colour - I find it more creamy than white, but that's against pure white ceiling and doors. Our kitchen cabinets are a light sage green with oak work tops.

fiorentina Tue 19-Jul-16 21:15:24

We have it in both kids rooms and it's warm in colour. More cream than white.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now