where can I get one of those deep display frames that's not IKEA

(8 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Thu 07-Jul-16 08:18:46

And will this look shit. I have art nouveau 3 graces silver pieces currently under a cake dome - I think if I put them in one of those deep frames and hang it I probably won't have to clean it as it won't tarnish

I've got the front of a bible, the matchbox holder, and the mini prayer book.

And also would I look like a twat if I had a little explanation in the frame about them/about who Joshua Reynolds was - it's going on a wall with dozens of pictures so at least the twattishness wouldn't be seen too much. I also thought about mini lights in the frame as obviously the silver would glow beautifully - I've got some and they go on a timer so it could come on in the evening and light the hallway a tiny bit

CodewordRochambeau Thu 07-Jul-16 08:39:58

Have you looked at Cox and Cox? You're looking for a 'shadow box' frame.

TBH I wouldn't personally include any explanatory notes. It would look quite odd in a domestic setting. What would be the purpose? If a guest comments on them then you can explain, surely?

poocatcherchampion Thu 07-Jul-16 08:42:15

Dunelm I got one

LaurieFairyCake Thu 07-Jul-16 08:46:17

Yay Dunelm - thanks so much, there's one in my town - would not have thought of them smile

Gatekeeper Thu 07-Jul-16 08:52:40

they will still tarnish though won't they as the box won't be airtight??

CodewordRochambeau Thu 07-Jul-16 08:56:22

Depends how humid it is. You could secrete a sachet of silica gel in the frame to keep it a bit drier.

LaurieFairyCake Thu 07-Jul-16 09:11:34

I've got some of those gel packets- that's a genius idea, thanks

ChishandFips33 Thu 07-Jul-16 23:34:33

The Range also do shadow boxes, and I think Wilko too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now