Kitchen Aid kettle

(15 Posts)
Methenyouplus4 Tue 28-Jun-16 10:55:24

I'very fallen in love with the aesthetic but seems bonkers to pay £110 for something that does the same job as a £20 kettle? I'very looked at others but only really like the hob boiling ones and as we have a family of six and use the kettle a lot, they don't seem a great idea.

Should I buy the one I love or am I crackers to spend that on a kettle? We don't have loads of spare income and thst would feed our family for a week.

WhoKnewReally Tue 28-Jun-16 11:01:33

I can't help much because I daren't look at a picture incase I get kettle envy wink

[Ponders] Depends on if you think a kettle is a 'head' or 'heart' purchase I suppose.

No, sorry I can't justify it for you, step away from the pictures I say, read the functionality. Boils water. Simple.

Methenyouplus4 Tue 28-Jun-16 11:12:40

Ah, I know. Some of the reviews even say it's a bit heavy etc so not 'perfect'. Part of me says 'just boils water' , other part thinks that it is on display all the time on prominent spot on bench (only thing on bench in fact other than toaster).

whois Tue 28-Jun-16 13:31:28

Well.... would £90 make a big difference to your life? If not, get the kettle you really like. Over a 5 year life that isn't much for having a nice looking kettle.

whois Tue 28-Jun-16 13:35:14

Although i've just googled it and am not a big fan. Soz!

Although now i've looked at kettles I quite like the idea of a Dualit Classic Kettle Polished Stainless Steel and Copper Trim

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 28-Jun-16 13:39:01

I have one and I absolutely love it, it's just so beeyootiful

gininteacupsandleavesonthelawn Tue 28-Jun-16 13:40:39

I have one, love it and it boils quick

Methenyouplus4 Tue 28-Jun-16 14:53:10

Argh! So torn. That money is a lot for us but we wouldn't really have to go without. Just seems crazy when our second hand sofa was only £60!

ApocalypseSlough Tue 28-Jun-16 16:27:58

Do you have a kitchenaid mixer? If not, spend £10 on a kettle and start a saving pot?

ShelaghTurner Tue 28-Jun-16 16:29:28

If you knew how often I've looked at that kettle... Sigh.... It would match my red KA beautifully

JakeBallardswife Tue 28-Jun-16 16:30:40

Get one they are super pretty. I've just googled them. Found them for £99 on Amara. However, we have a stove top Kettle and I love it. Not as pretty as these though!

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 28-Jun-16 16:34:22

I havr second hand couches, cheap laminate, cat ruined wallpaper, but still adore my kettle, food/cooking/kitchenware is my thing.
I would have bought the toaster too but the one I have was a gift from a very dear friend.
I have the actual mixer in crystal blue.

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Tue 28-Jun-16 16:37:19

I have one and it's ok. It was a lot of money but it has a quiet boil, DS can't tolerate the ones with a loud boil. I like that it has a wide range of temperature settings and the position of the viewing bit means that you can fill the kettle with either right or left hand and still see how full it is.

Chloe1984 Thu 30-Jun-16 19:28:11

I have one and you won't regret it!

Methenyouplus4 Fri 01-Jul-16 09:15:18

Well, I bought one. £111 at John Lewis with 3yr guarantee. Gulp. I figured I look at it every day and there are other 'over-priced' purchases I've made in the past (e.g. £100 on a dress when I normally spend £30) that I still love and give me real pleasure. I'm pretty measured with money 90% of the time so figured I can get away with the occasional splurge like this. And plus, it is Soooo pretty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now