Find me some Nice Mugs!

(17 Posts)
CointreauVersial Mon 20-Jun-16 13:01:16

Casting a critical eye over our motley collection of chipped and stained mugs this weekend (and with the Sales starting), I decided it's high time I invested in some new ones! So please let me know if you've seen anything nice. Ideally:

Porcelain (rather than chunky stoneware)
Bright/graphic/modern design

OutDamnedWind Mon 20-Jun-16 13:05:52

Magpie might fit the bill if you can find them cheaper, which you often can.

CointreauVersial Mon 20-Jun-16 13:28:45

Thanks, OutDamnedWind - I really like the Viva ones from that website. £10, though.....

wowfudge Mon 20-Jun-16 14:09:36

TK Maxx or Homesense

CointreauVersial Mon 20-Jun-16 16:57:59

I might have a rummage in our local TKMaxx, but i really want at least 8 mugs, and they always seem to have odds and ends.

Never heard of Homesense!

OutDamnedWind Mon 20-Jun-16 23:40:59

Homesense is the TK Maxx homeware department but in a separate shop. With bits of furniture and all sorts. As in, actually is owned by TK Maxx. Usually found in retail parks. Love a good Homesense!

OutDamnedWind Mon 20-Jun-16 23:43:33

Cheap in Dunelm

QuimReaper Mon 20-Jun-16 23:49:41

My Le Creuset rainbow set are my most beloved possession!

OutDamnedWind Mon 20-Jun-16 23:49:52

Green patterned

CointreauVersial Tue 21-Jun-16 00:25:47

Ah, never seen a Homesense before, but it sounds right up my street. Never seen a Dunelm either, although it's talked about a lot on here.....

Quim - I love the look of the Le Creuset mugs, but that pesky stoneware sucks all the heat out of my tea.

Out - The cheapo set from Dunelm are nice, not keen on the green.

I've found these Royal Doulton; also these similar. Still hunting....

blueblizz Tue 21-Jun-16 21:43:06

Orla kiely mugs. Absolutely fab. Bright, original patterns....addictive to collect...hard wearing although light to hold.....no one ever need to worry what to buy you again!!!!! John Lewis and kitchen shops sell them. I frequently buy off eBay. Go on.......try one!!!!

CointreauVersial Wed 22-Jun-16 13:24:29

Blueblizz - I love Orla Kiely, but I fear DH may take a little persuading! Good tip about eBay....hadn't thought of that.

I've disappeared down a rabbit hole on the Dunelm website - all sorts of goodies (not just mugs grin)

mumma24 Sun 03-Jul-16 08:08:20

Emma Bridgewater!

TrappedNerve Sun 03-Jul-16 08:13:06

Try the range! I'm addicted grin

ggirl Sun 03-Jul-16 22:03:09

john lewis/waitrose have massive selection

Sophie Allport ones are lovely here

completecliche Tue 05-Jul-16 06:43:56

Anthropologie have lovely cup shaped mugs.

LizzieMacQueen Thu 07-Jul-16 10:27:09

I have the Fable mugs from Royal Doulton mentioned above. They are nice and big - great for mugs of tea - I'd really recommend them, in fact I might get some more while they are on price match. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now